꧁ E L E V E N ꧂

Začít od začátku

Nessa looks like the air has just been kicked out of her. She feels the tears prick at her eyes, threatening to stream right here, right now. Her secret is out and she wasn't the one to tell it. If there was ever a time she wanted to ground to open up and swallow her whole, it was definitely now. Her peers whisper amongst themselves as they anticipate what happens next.

Searching for a certain pair of blue orbs, Nessa holds her breath when she makes eye contact with the brunette haired boy, his expression telling her that he's sorry but for what, she doesn't know.

"Nessa I'm so-"

"You're pregnant?".

Looking away from the girl who just betrayed her in her worst way possible, Nessa looks down at a surprised Nick. She can't hold back the tears anymore and she nods her head before grabbing her bag and walking past Mad's, bumping into her shoulder on purpose.

Mads watches with wide eyes as Nessa walks off towards the football field, probably feeling like absolute shit all thanks to her.

"I didn't mean to- it slipped and I forgot where we were and-"

Jaden takes Mad's' hand and squeezes it, using his other arm to sling over her shoulder. The blonde tries hard to not tear up. She honestly never meant to hurt Nessa and the last thing she wanted was to tell the full school her secret but it's happened now and she can only apologize several times if necessary.

"Nice going Mad's" Josh mutters, Jaden shooting him a glare as soon as the words leave his mouth.

Knowing that she deserved it, Mad's breaks from Jadens embrace and starts to walk off after Nessa. "I'm going to fix things" she says quickly before leaving.

Josh and Jaden stand in the middle of the cafeteria, all eyes from the surrounding peers on them. They don't even have to say anything for those stares to rapidly divert to elsewhere, they simply glance and then that's that.

"We should go get them, make sure there's no cat fights or whatever" Jaden says, sighing.

Nodding his head, Josh gets ready to follow his best friend but is stopped when a very confused Nick stands up, blocking his way.

"So who's the dad? Ya know, to her child" he asks with raised eyebrows.

Josh -amused by the question- makes a face at the boy before putting his hand on Nicks shoulder and pushing him back down onto the chair.

"Just shut up and eat your carrot sticks Nicholas".

꧁꧂

On the bleachers, Nessa sits with her hands covering her face, sobbing softly into them. She can't believe she was just humiliated like that in front of the whole senior school. She's even more shocked that it was by her best friend. How could Mads do that to her? Nessa understands that lately things haven't been smooth sailing but for Mad's to out Nessa's secret like that is far from okay.

"Ness!" The familiar voice calls, the blondes tone shaky as she approaches her upset best friend. Mads knows that what she did was unforgivable and she's taking full responsibility for anything that happens next as a result of her poor choice.

Looking up, Nessa scoffs bitterly before letting out a low laugh and standing up, using the back of her hand to wipe away any tears that have stained her cheeks. She mentally high fives herself for not wearing mascara today. That would have been the icing on the cake.

"Go away Madison" the smaller girl says. Her tone is firm but not loud- loud enough for Mad's to hear though.

Grabbing onto the brunettes arm, Mad's stares at Nessa with pleading eyes. When Nessa rolls her glazed green ones- the blonde fears she may have lost her.

"Nessa! If you're going to be mad at anyone, be mad at me. I let it slip okay? I should have waited for you to be ready to tell her".

Steeping aside, Nessa looks over at the out of breath brown haired boy with a confused glare. Josh stands with his arm over his stomach and a pained expression on his face.

"Josh, are you okay?" The worried girl asks as she makes her way over to him quickly. The boy sucks in a deep breath and nods.

"I'll be fine" he insists. "Pulled a muscle or something".

Nessa puts her arm around him, the palm of her hand resting on his back. She looks over at Mads who is now standing with Jaden, her eyes are full as she looks down at the ground. Nessa knows that Mad's wouldn't purposely try to hurt her and she hasn't exactly been the best- best friend recently. She can look past this, at least now she doesn't have to tell everyone herself.

"I forgive you" she speaks clearly, surprising the surrounding three.

Mads breaks away from Jaden, opening her arms to embrace her best friend. Nessa is hesitant but she moves her arm from around Josh's waist and lets the blonde hug her. Slowly, she hugs back. She's missed Mad's and their friendship. She doesn't want to be in a position where she has to miss it again.

"Can I still be godmother?" Mads jokes, pulling away.

Nessa smiles, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Actually about that" she starts, her head turning to Josh. He looks down at the ground, knowing where this is going. "We've decided to put the baby up for adoption. We have our first appointment with the adoption agency tomorrow".

It takes a few seconds for Mad's and Jaden to process the news but they're supportive of the choice the two teens have made. Jaden looks over at his own best friend and can't help but wonder if Josh is truly okay with this arrangement. He doesn't look okay and he hasn't spoken a word.

"Well if that's what you guys really want then that's perfectly okay. I'm so sorry about all the judgement and stuff before, I'm not in your shoes so I don't get to have a say on what you do."

Nessa hugs Mad's once again. She's beyond relieved that she no longer has to do this without her best friend.

____________________
ꕥ  A U T H O R S  ꕥ
~ n o t e ~
________________

GUYS IM BACK !!!

sorry i was gone for a while, i had personal stuff to deal with (everything is fine now)

im double updating today :)

stream pain by nessa barrett

comment & vote ✨