"And what do you know of them?" Lilah questioned, looking at the girl suspiciously.

"I know that Niklaus and Elijah are evil."

Lilah's face perked up at Elijah's name.

"I know that they will do whatever it takes, no matter who gets hurt, for their own personal gain," she added, looking down with sadness. "I know they will kill when they are wronged."

"Is that not with all vampires do?"

"Not all have to," she replied.

"You're lucky I couldn't care less about those Mikaelsons. I'm merely looking for someone named Freya, not this Klaus and Elijah you speak of."

The girl let go of her.

"You must be careful with your actions before you expose us all and get us killed," she said, letting go of Lilah.

"We're vampires, we cannot die," Lilah said.

"They can still stake us, they can take away our daylight rings and throw us into the sun," the girl said as she began to walk away.

It was because of her that Lilah started to realize she wasn't like the other vampires. She had been staked before, while irritating the wrong person in a different town, and she had walked outside without her necklace before. She had survived both occurrences.

"What is your name?" Lilah asked her.

She turned around and smiled, "Katerina. I like your necklace."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You're crazy, you know that?"

Josh was standing at her door, leaning against her doorframe while she looked at herself in the mirror. She turned around to look at him, sending him a smile.

"It's in my blood," she shrugged, though Josh didn't know the weight of her words.

"Roman Sienna, huh?" Josh cringed, walking into her room and sitting onto her bed. "Of course you of all people, after you start to let a guy in, you get totally lied to and betrayed. Maybe it's karma for all the good guys you turned down all these years."

His teasing manner didn't go unnoticed, and Lilah picked up one of her makeup brushes from the top of her dresser, throwing it at the Rosza boy.

"Shut the fuck up," she laughed at him, going to sit next to him. She leaned her head onto his arm, wrapping both of her arms around his. "I'm still not convinced he's a bad guy."

"You keep saying that, but why do you think that?" Josh asked her. "You used to be the most suspicious of us all, never letting anyone, even us, in. And now you're rescuing the son of the woman who killed Hayley."

"I can't explain it," Lilah replied. "It's like... It's this feeling of familiar when I'm with him, like this isn't the first time I've met him."

"Maybe he has something to do with Picture Girl," Josh said.

Lilah gave him a stern look. "You think everything has to do with that girl in the photos."

"I wouldn't be surprised if everything happening right now has everything to do with that girl," Josh admitted.