Typical nigga.

Malcolm figured that if he opened up to Jersey, she would be faithful to him. He wasn't ready for an actual relationship, so he labeled them as a situation-ship. Jersey did agree to it, but she was still going to do her, regardless.

Her buzzing phone snatched her way from her thoughts. She inched it closer to her face and noticed an incoming call from Kelli. Jersey squinted her eyes as she contemplated on answering the call or not. She'd been ignoring Kelli's calls lately-of course she had some valid reasons to do so. Instead of ignoring it, she answered the ringing phone and brought it up to her ear.

"..."

Quietness took over the line for a while as both women held the phone. They were way too stubborn to speak first.

"Yeah?" Jersey greeted dryly as she looked out the window.

"What's wrong with your phone?" Kelli asked coolly. "I've been calling you since last week."

"I don't know." Jersey shrugged as if she could see her body gesture.

"You really acting like this with me? Over a fucking apartment?"

"It wasn't just some fucking apartment; it was Malcolm's apartment that your boyfriend vandalized. The damage is horrible. That man has to pay a lot of money to get it fixed and in order to avoid a lawsuit."

"It's not like he's hurting for it." Kelli jibed.

Jersey knitted her brows as she scoffed. "Are you kidding me? See, that's why I didn't want to answer my phone for you. Kelli, you just don't get it. You lied to the police in order to save your nigga. He put his hands on you and you saved his ass from going to jail the very same day. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Kelli stayed quiet as she tried to gather a response. Apparently, Jersey's message really did fuck with her.

"You don't understand..." Kelli trailed off.

"I don't understand?" Jersey reiterated as she touched her chest. "I was literally on drugs, Kelli." She spilled, not caring if Candace could hear her conversation. "When I dated Quintin, he got me hooked on drugs and my life was...so complicated at the time. I saved his ass a lot and I do regret it because I've made some enemies. Not only did I make enemies, but I sacrificed my education for him, so don't tell I don't understand because I do. I'll never take up for a man when he's in the wrong-I'll never do that again."

"I didn't call you to hear you preach to me." Kelli stated.

"Then why did you call me?"

"Travis and Quintin are missing...I haven't heard from Travis in about week."

"So..." Jersey scoffed while leaning her head to the side. "You're calling me about Travis and Quintin?"

"I know that Malcolm has something to do with their disappearance."

Jersey shrugged her shoulders once again. She knew that Malcolm was holding the men, but she wasn't going to tell Kelli that.

"I don't know where they are, and I could care less." Jersey replied smartly as she shook her head. She pulled the phone away from her ear and ended the call. She was done with Kelli. The bitch was toxic just like her boyfriend.

_____________________________

The bar was closed due to the horrible incident that took place-Malcolm's orders. He wanted a complete shutdown to evaluate the problem. A body was dropped off in front of his bar and he wanted answers.

Dean found the body and discovered that it was Lorenzo. He checked for a pulse and realized the man was still alive. Immediately, he ordered the staff to call the paramedics. Blood gushed from Lorenzo's side as he laid there unconscious. Dean pulled his shirt up to check out the damage. He realized that there were some unusual injuries on the man. The letter C was carved in his side, the wound was deep as if he was almost gutted.