Ring Pops and Garden Salads

Start from the beginning

"I want this one!" Penguin pointed out some ridiculous and veggied out pizza from the menu to Law. Law nodded and put his menu booklet down.

"I think I'll just stick with a garden salad," Law said decidedly, and Penguin rolled his eyes.

"I can always rely on you to make a healthy choice." Law nodded slowly and smiled slightly as his attention shifted back to the kids on the field. He watched the green frisbee go back and forth as he heard Penguin place their order. The one in the straw hat seemed to be clumsy and have a hard time aiming as he fumbled around the grass. Law let out a low laugh as the kid fell to the ground in an attempt to catch the frisbee.

"Oi, Law." The surgeon slowly peeled his eyes back to Penguin at the statement. "Did you hear me?"

"Uh, no. Sorry. What was that?"

"How did the heart transplant go today?"

"Oh, it was fine." Law hummed as he twirled his fork between his fingers. "The old man should be back to normal in a week." Bonnie was placing their food on the table as Law finished his sentence.

"A week? Wow! That's so impressive." Law smiled slightly in gratitude at the praise.

"Thanks, I-" As Law began to speak, he paused when he felt his salad explode in his face. He rubbed his tattooed hand across his face to get the lettuce off as he stared at the green frisbee now resting on his salad. He immediately whipped his head around to stare at the culprit. "Oi! Strawhat! You missing something?" He stood up, furious as he waved the frisbee in the air.

"Shishi, thank you!" The young man exclaimed, running up to the fence in front of Law. He slowed down the closer he got. "I'm Monkey D. Luffy! And you are?"

Law looked dumbfounded at the lack of apology towards his freshly ruined salad. He composed himself and looked at the young man, thoroughly examining him. "Dr. Trafalagr D. Water Law," Law stated as he flipped the frisbee in his hand and held it out to Luffy.

"Hm," the straw hat hummed. "That's hard to pronounce. I think I'm going to call you Torao." Law raised an eyebrow in response to the determination in the young man's face. "Torao?" t=The kid leaned his hands against the fence.

"Yes?" Law grimaced.

"I like you. You're the man I'm going to marry."

~

It was a week later when Law found himself walking the streets of the Loguetown Shopping District once more. He was out taking his Samoyed dog, Bepo, on a walk to his favorite ice cream shop. He couldn't get that straw hat kid out of his head. Who the hell did he think he was? Saying that Law was the man he was going to marry. Law grumbled under his breath and approached Newkama Ice Cream. The stand was lit up beautifully in the night, and Bepo loved the Pup Cup they would always give him. This place quickly became a weekly trip for the pair, if not because Bepo whined incessantly every Friday night if they didn't go. Law approached the truck as Ivankov grinned at him.

"Law." The short man grinned and opened his arms. "The usual?" Law nodded politely as Ivankov got his order ready. Bepo sat patiently, wagging his tail in excitement when Ivankov came back over. "Chocolate Sunday for you," he handed the bowl to Law, "And a Pup Cup for a special little boy. Who's a good boy? You are. Yes, you are!" Bepo's whole body wiggled as Ivankov scratched behind his ears. Law thanked Ivankov and found a comfortable table in the corner to read some of Dr. Chopper's essays. The seating area was outside as Newkama Ice Cream was simply a truck. It was lit up with little lanterns and had diverging sofas and love seats spread around the plaza. Law had cozied into his chair when he heard something disconcerting across the way.