What An Abomination

Start from the beginning

Eda patted the beast before reaching into it's mouth and pulling out a rubber chicken, tossing it away before turning back to Luz and King.

"Until BLAM!" she said while smashing her fist into her open hand, not getting a flinch from either of them. "It bites it from all the sea salt it drinks and we get to scavenge and sell the goods it ate!"

Eda pulled out a pickaxe and held it out to Luz.

"Give it a swing!"Eda suggested as Luz gave her a 0.0 face to her.

"Yeaaaaaaah, no." Luz said as he pushed the pickaxe back to Eda. "In my world, it's sort of frowned upon to defile a corpse in any way. Even if it's a giant sea monster slug."

"Geez, Luz calm down. The rules are different here." King said as he walked to sit on the sand. "And it's a dead monster, someone probably would do worse than us."

"And besides, it's not like they cover something this hands on in magic school." Eda said as she walked over to the trash slug with the pickaxe on her shoulder. "Trust me, I can see you as the more hands on type of girl."

"Wait, back up a sec." Luz said before Eda smashed the pickaxe into slug's eye, hearing it break like glass. "There's a magic school here? What's it like?"

"Bor-ing! Their way of teaching magic is all "proper" and rule filled way but that's not magic." Eda said as she turned to Luz and smiling. "Magic is wild, free, and unpredictable, that's what makes magic so beautiful! And just look at me, I never finished that fancy schooling and I'm living the dream."

"Does the dream mean living on the run and scrounging through a dead monster for things to sell?" Luz said with a deadpan look, noting feeling exactly excited about this lesson.

"Well...not exactly like my life but..." Eda said to Luz before she looked around for something to save this lesson, show she was a good teacher. "Come over here for a second."

Luz followed Eda and she knelled before a green puddle of slime, kneeling next to her.

"In a life or death situation, you always have to use what you have on hand to pull out a win. Even if it's something from this puddle." Eda said as she reached her hand inside and looked around, grabbing onto something before pulling her hand out. "You never know when the strangest of things will make the biggest difference."

Eda showed her hand to Luz and presented a small ball or seed covered in slime.

"A ball of or a seed covered in slime?" Luz asked as she slowly reached and took the ball or seed from Eda and held it in her fingers. "This is something that will save me, even if I don't think it will?"

"Exactly, kid. Never judge a book by it's cover and always use your resources wisely, remember that." Eda said before getting up and walking back to the slug. "Now, if you follow me, I'll show you the the trash slug's stink nodes. That's were the good stuff is."

"Actually, I think I'm gonna pass on this one." Luz said as she put the little ball in her pocket. "I still don't feel comfortable doing this. I'm gonna head back to the house and train but could you do me a favor and fill a big sack with the sand on this beach?"

"Why?" Eda asked.

"It's for training, sand make a great punching bag." Luz said to her before walking away, leaving Eda to deal with the trash slug with King watching.

As she walked back to the owl house, Luz was looking back at the slime ball or seed in her hand and wondering about the magic school Eda mentioned.

"Hmm, if there is a magic school here, maybe I should look for it. It might not be as bad as Eda says it is, even if it's "proper' and not "free" like her view of magic." she said to herself before she heard a new voice close by.