the woman put the gold on a scale, 'seven pounds? that's a lot of earrings.'

'ok, to be honest, ma'am, it's really hard to see my mom fall apart with alzheimer's.' jj looked down and looked like he was about to start crying.

'mhm. give me a minute.' the woman mumbled.

'take your time ma'am.' jj said.

liv walked over to jj, 'you better hope she bought that.' she whispered.

'i got the tears rolling and everything, it's believable.' he smiled.

'she's coming out.' liv whispered, walking away back to where she was standing with kie.

'so, i, i talked to my boss.' the woman said.

'and?' jj asked.

'and, this is what i can do.' the woman placed a piece of paper in front of jj.

'fifty thousand? you think i walked in here not knowing the spot price? ma'am, i know for a fact this is worth 140, at least.' jj's voice progressively got louder as he got angry at the woman.

'well sweetie, you in a pawnshop, this ain't zurich. do i look swiss to you?' the woman scoffed.

jj sighed, 'ninety, or i walk.' he demanded.

'seventy, half priced, and i don't ask questions about where you got this.' the woman whispered.

jj looked over at john b, who gave him the thumbs up. 'i'm gonna need that in large denominations, please.'

the woman sighed, 'well, here's the snag. i don't have that much denominated, not here anyway. i can write you a cashiers check.'

'cash, no ma'am. i want the cold hard. that's what that sign says. cash for gold. and that's what i expect. i'm gonna get it in cold hard.' jj said.

'well, i have to send you to the warehouse. i have the money there. is that alright?' the woman asked.

jj stared at her for a few seconds, 'wheres this warehouse?' he asked.

the woman pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it, then handed it to jj.

'thank you ma'am.' he smiled.

jj walked out of the store with a smile plastered to his face, everyone else slowly walking out behind him.

they all got in the van, jj repeating to john b what the woman had told him.

———————————————————————

'so they keep money out here?' pope asked.

'that's what she said.' jj laughed, 'that's what she said.'

'stop.' pope groaned.

'i've never even heard of resurrection drive.' sarah said.

'cause your rich.' jj smirked.

'you've never heard of it either.' liv said.

'thank you.' sarah smiled.

'there's nothing but weeds back here.' kie said.

'alright, just cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's. like,' jj was cut off by a siren.