First scan

I held my breath. Aiden stared at me for a moment. Then his face suddenly lit up.

"So I'm going to be a dad? this is amazing!"

I was so happy, I let out a big sigh of relief and smiled at my boyfriend. He was so kind and caring.

He gave me a hug, but was careful to not press to much on my stomach. We were going to be the perfect family, and I couldn't wait.

That night I lay in bed feeling really happy. I couldn't stop smiling since I had spoken to Aiden. Although I was relieved that I wouldn't be a single mum, I was still worried about actually giving birth.

I knew nothing about any of this stuff except that having a baby hurts, that's pretty much it. I put my hand on my stomach and drifted off to sleep.

••••••••••••••

"Niamh"

I opened my eyes to see my mum in the doorway.

"I booked you an appointment for this morning, to have a scan. It's in an hour but i'll drive you to the hospital."

When I felt more awake I called Aiden to tell him about the scan.

"Hi babe, I've got a scan at the hospital today."

"Ok I'll be there, what time?"

"10:30. Have you told your parents about our baby?"

"Yeah... My mum was supportive but my dad wasn't. He said I was too young and I can't live under his roof anymore after the baby is born." I heard him sigh.

"How can he say that to you? It's fine, I have a lot of money in my bank and I'm sure my mum will let us live at mine as long as we want."

"It's all going to work out babe, don't worry. I'll see you at the hospital."

"Bye"

•••••••••••••••

As we pulled into the hospital car park, the nerves kicked in, what if the baby wasn't healthy? What if the doctor said the baby wouldn't survive?

All these thoughts went to the back of my mind when I saw Aiden standing outside the main entrance in the hot summer sunshine.

I got out of the car and hugged him.

"Are you ready?" he said, smiling.

"Yeah." I said, but I wasn't sure.

Aiden took hold of my hand an we walked into the hospital with my mum.

After waiting for about 20 minutes I finally hear my name.

"Niamh Cassidy?"

I stood up and followed the lady to a room. She walked away and left me with a doctor. Inside the room was a doctors bed, a sink, other doctor stuff and a strange device that looked like a TV.

"Hello I'm Doctor March. I will be doing your ultrasound test today, how old are you?"

"15" I replied and sat on the bed.

It had what looked like a massive tissue covering it.

Doctor March did something to the TV thing and then got some gel and covered my stomach in it. I flinched because it was freezing.

The doctor moved the ultrasound thing over my belly and looked at the screen. I saw a tiny baby on the screen and smiled, this was my child.

"Your around 11 weeks pregnant, the baby seems healthy and has a strong heartbeat."

" The due date is 5th January, so be prepared for then."

I smiled at my mum and Aiden, who were standing by the door. Doctor March wiped the gel away and said I could go but had to come back in about 10 weeks.

••••••••••••••••

When I got home, I looked in my full-length mirror. I pulled my top tightly and could already see a bit of a baby bump. This was a bit annoying because I just look fat and not pregnant yet.

"Dinner!" My mum yelled from downstairs.

I went downstairs and sat at the table. I could smell sausages and bacon from the kitchen and suddenly realised how hungry I was.

When I finished my dinner, I still felt hungry so I got a yoghurt out the fridge. I decided to just do a lucky dip and get any flavour and it turned out to be banana.

I sat eating the yoghurt and talking to Meghan.

"So the baby's OK?" She asked.

"Yeah I just need to go back to the hospital in a few months, and they can tell me if the baby has any health problems then."

••••••••••••••

Shit. I completely forgot that school is tomorrow. Ok so technically I have been going to school while pregnant for more than 2 months, but I didn't know about it, let alone other people.

Then I felt something inside my stomach. Oh no it the baby ok?

"Mum!"

"What, are you ok? Whats wrong?", I heard my mum coming up the stairs.

"I felt something in my belly, whats wrong with the baby?" I asked her, panicking.

" Calm down, it was probably the baby kicking sweetheart." My my told me, trying not to laugh.

So yeah, you might have guessed that I have no idea what happens during pregnancy, I'm totally clueless.

•••••••••••••

I woke up feeling dizzy and sick. What time is it? I looked at my phone, 5am wtf? I never wake up th- I suddenly threw up.

My mum came in and saw the vomit on the floor. At first she looked confused but then she sighed.

"Morning sickness." she said, sighing. By the time I had cleaned it all up, I was too awake to sleep.

Only one person at my school knew about my baby and that was Sophie, my best friend. I had texted her on the day of the scan and she was really happy for me.

Suddenly my alarm went off. I turned it off and got up. I still felt sick but I tried to ignore it and get dressed. When I had my uniform on I adjusted my shirt to try and make the bump less noticeable, I didn't want anyone else knowing about him/her.

••••••••••••••

I walked into school with Sophie and we sat down at a table. We were talking about an English essay that had to be finished by tomorrow when we were interrupted by Kelly.

"OMG Niamh you look so pale and... " She looked at my stomach.

"Fat?" I asked

Ok, let me explain. Kelly is the most annoying girl ever. She thinks everyone is her friend and she always speaks her mind, which gets her into a lot of arguments. Did I mention that she also thinks every boy fancies her. Lol no.

"If your eating to much, drink a glass of water before ev-"

"We have to go." Sophie said, pulling my arm.

•••••••••••••

A/N Do you like this chapter? I'm my sure about it.. please comment any mistakes, I really appreciate you all reading my book.

Amy xx