hawks [𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡]

HAWKS X SUICIDAL! READER

WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF DEPRESSION AND SUICIDE 

NOT INTENDED TO ROMANTICIZE SUICIDE/MENTAL ILLNESS. I MADE THIS TO COPE AND DECIDED TO POST IT BECAUSE I THINK MAY HELP SOMEONE ELSE TOO. YOU ARE WORTH IT.  

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  

The sky faded from velvet-navy blue to a beautiful orange pink. The soft silhouettes of birds against the large canvas made the scene almost picture-perfect.

Below the large building was the bustling Tokyo. [Name] could hear the happy, indistinguishable chatter of many city goers underneath her feet. The beautiful lights of the city reflected in her dull, [e/c] eyes.

[Name] breathed in the deep air, her lungs aching from not expanding fully. Her hands and wrists, raw and red from her inescapable habit of scratching herself, hung at her sides.

She stepped up on the ledge of the building carelessly.

"Hey," A low, calm voice said. "C'mon, get down from there. You could fall and die."

[Name] calmly turned around to see a man who looked like an angel. Large, scarlet wings spread out behind him, the blonde man's expression was one of caution. His hands were raised. As he walked closer, [Name] could tell his footsteps were slow and careful, not wanting to provoke the [h/c]-haired girl.

"That's the point," [Name] whispered, a fake smile stretching across her face. She hopped along the ledge, looking at the buildings below. "So what if I die? There's nothing here for me."

"Just get down from there first, and then we'll talk." The hero said firmly.

[Name] stared at him for a couple seconds.

Do I really want to talk to him? He's a hero, he's probably going to restrain me and send me to a mental hospital.

"I'll talk to you as a friend. Not a hero." The blonde said. "I'm Keigo tonight, not Hawks."

As [Name] was about to rethink the blonde's offer, a large gust of wind flew by, causing the [h/c] haired girl to stumble. As her foot slipped off the building ledge, the girl felt herself falling.

She looked up to see the colors of the sky blurring together, her heart beating fast. The icy air whipped at the exposed parts of her body. [Name] smiled and closed her eyes.

So this is it.

"Gotcha!" Hawks grunted. [Name] winced as a rough tug stopped her in midair. The girl looked up to see a feather bringing her to the blonde, who was standing in the middle of the roof.

"Don't go doing that again, alright babe?" Hawks huffed. His lighthearted comment, however, did not seem amusing to the [h/c] haired girl, who was currently in his arms.

"Let.. GO OF ME!" [Name] screamed angrily. Hawks widened his eyes as the girl thrashed in his grip, clawing at his jacket. She punched his chest weakly. Keigo's eyes softened as he held her close to him tightly, letting her fight against him to his heart's intent.

___

"That's it for today. So, I'll see you next week, [Name]?"

"Actually, I think I'm done with sessions, for now. Plus, you know, the big day is next week!" [Name] smiled happily.

"Ah! Right! Congratulations! Well, I understand that you would like to end your sessions. That's amazing! You've made such great progress over the years. Our doors are always open if you need additional guidance."

[Name] nodded, thanked the woman, and signed the payment papers at the front desk, and opened the door. Her eyes brightened as she saw a certain blonde standing outside. He was dressed in casual clothing, his windswept hair combed to the side, his hands in his pockets.

"How was your last therapy session?" Keigo asked, smiling.

"It was fine." [Name] smiled, entwining her hand with her lover's. Keigo lifted their hands and pressed a gentle kiss to [Name]'s, his eyes pridefully lingering on the engagement ring that shone on [Name]'s finger.

"I think we should celebrate with some chicken nuggets!" Keigo laughed, smiling at [Name]'s judgemental expression.

"C'mon, Keigo! We ordered chicken takeout last night!" She pouted. "And we're catering chicken for the wedding!"

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say, love." Keigo said, pushing [Name]'s hair aside and kissing her temple softly. "Now, let's go home. I got a call from the boutique about your dress. They say it's ready for pickup."

"Okay. Keigo?"

"Yes honey?"

"I love you. Thank you for saving me." 

"I love you too. I'm so happy that I get to marry you." 

__

"Let me go," [Name] sobbed, her punches getting weaker. Tears flowed from her eyes like a waterfall, as her emotionless walls began to tear down.

The two stood on the building as the cold air nipped at their exposed skin. Keigo's shirt was beginning to get soaked by the girl's tears, but he didn't care. As long as he could save a life.

"I'm here. I'm listening to you. I hear you. I've got you," Keigo said calmly. His wings stretched out to their full length.

They wrapped around [Name]'s smaller body slowly. His feathers met [Name]'s skin and wounds with softness, providing a warm refugee from the cold, icy wind.

❝ I'VE GOT YOU.❞

post-writing edit: yikes i wrote this to cope during a panic attack and cringe when i look back at it