the village ‧₊˚ ✩

En başından başla

"all right. no more playing. come on, katara, kazumi, you have chores." she said while leading both of us away.

"i told you! he's the real thing, gran-gran! i finally found a bender to teach me." she said looking back at aang.

"katara, try not to put all your hopes in this boy." she answered.

"but he's special. i can tell. i sense he's filled with much wisdom." we all looked in aang's direction, seeing him with his tongue frozen at his stuff.

i began to laugh "yeah, much wisdom"

gran-gran leads katara into the igloo, as i was about to go in she stopped me.

"kazumi, i wanted to show you something that I know you'd like."

"uhh okay, but didn't you say i have chores?" i asked.

"they can wait" she gave me a smile.

my chores? can wait?? this must be very important.

we were walking up to an other igloo and she led me in. there was a huge chest, locked.

"what is in this chest?" i asked curious.

"you'll see yourself" she gave me a key and went outside. she put a blanket over the door.

"damn, this actually must be very important"

i opened the chest and opened it. there was a letter, a staff like aang's and scrolls. i took out the letter and red it.

my dear kazumi,

i guess you finally found out that you are an airbender. and i guess you asked yourself, why. i'll tell you. it all started when your great-grandpa was at a market, far away from his tribe. he was with his friends to buy something to eat for the whole village. when he was about to pay, he couldnt believe the beauty of this woman he saw. her name was tora, your great-grandmother. He was amazed by her beauty, so he took the chance and went up on her. they talked and it was like love on the first sight. as they began to get to know each other, he found out she was an airbender. after knowing each other for 3 years, they confessed their love for each other at the northern air temple. that's where your grandfather and i was born. after your grandfather was born, they visited the tribe of your great-grandfather. the southern water tribe. they lived there the rest of my life. that's where he saw her, your grandmother, the love of his life. and that's where i found the love of my life, your mother, akira. i was training with my mother when i crashed into her with my staff. that's when she fell inlove with me. we were best friends at first, but then, we confessed our love for each other, like your grandparents . it was beautiful. we were happy and then, your mother told me she was pregnant. i was the happiest man in the world. we told it our best friends, Hakoda and Kya, the parents of katara and sokka. after you were born we told them to keep it a secret that you are an airbender. it was for your safety. i'm proud of you. you will be one of the greatest airbenders in the world, i know that. your Mother and i love you with every peace in our heart.

-dad

as the letter ended, tears were streaming down my face. i wanted to scream, i was so frustrated. not only that i found out that i'm not related to katara and sokka, no. i found out how half of my generation were airbenders and how my parents met. it all came over me and i just screamed. i didn't care if anyone hears me, i didn't care for anything in this moment. i hugged the letter and cried more and more.