Cover Contest 3 Results

Hi wonders, welcome to the results of the cover contest for Broken Glass. We had two entrants this time around, but the decision has been extremely difficult because of the level of talent of both entries. Before we start discussing those entries, I wanna explain how I'm gonna do this.

First, I'm gonna show both entries, to celebrate the talent and awesomeness of both, in alphabetical order since that's how I normally do these things. Underneath both, I'll share why I love each entry, and the things that make them glorious.

I should also put in a little disclaimer: my final decision has been based on some key factors, and should not be regarded as an insult to the other person's skills. These factors are as follows:
- How well the cover fits the vibe of the book
- The shared themes of the cover and book
- The shared aesthetic of book and cover

Basically, it's all about which one I feel would vibe the best with the book itself. Hopefully that all makes sense. Onto the covers!

Let's start with @FaZe__2715, who entered with this beautiful cover

Let's start with @FaZe__2715, who entered with this beautiful cover. First....the art style...*chef's kiss*. Absolutely gorgeous. The text fonts, the shattering glass, the strings of red and gold. It's a masterpiece and I really look forward to seeing more of her art in the future. Because damn. The highlights in the hair, the sheer hard work that has to go into this...oof. A glorious.

We also have this masterful edit from @InfamousGirl_05

We also have this masterful edit from @InfamousGirl_05. And I've always known she's good at edits, she's entered a few contests in the past, but she's outdone herself this time around, as always. The mirror, the shattered glass, Taekook in the reflection, the ribbon of gold. The way the images are slightly distorted with the damaged glass. I cannot comprehend. How on earth? A fabulous. (Edit: I put up the wrong version of it but it has now been changed).

Now, I could do one of two things: I could switch the cover every single week, and use both, which is what I secretly want to do. But I worry that a lack of WiFi access at some point would make this difficult, and I may forget to change it in time. And anyway, the idea of a cover is to make the book recognisable, and if it changes every week, it's gonna be hard to figure out what I'm looking at.

Or I could just split screen them. But that'd be a complicated. And it'd be hard to see what the book actually is.

Okay. Decision time.

Based purely on which one feels like it matches the book the most, the entry I plan to use as the cover of Broken Glass is.....the one made by @FaZe__2715!!

The credit for the cover will go in the description of the book, so please don't worry that I'm going to steal your art and claim it as my own. That would not be cool.

Again, my decision is not meant as an insult to anyone.

Thank you to both entrants, and I hope that you choose to read Broken Glass when the teaser comes out. This has been a long time in the making, but it's been so damn worth it.

Love you all

Izzy