05-secrets i'd never tell

Start from the beginning

The silver ranger moved quickly, grabbing Emily's elbow before she could fall, and catching the bag of frozen peas with her free head. "C'mon sunshine, don't go eating peas now." Brooke teased, grinning and revealing her sharper canines.

Emily didn't seem to find it funny, a look of guilt making its way onto the younger girl's face. "I'm such a disaster." She mumbled, and Brooke frowned, lightly throwing the bag of peas onto one of the seats, it landing with a dull thump.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up now, you were trying to do a nice thing and tripped," Brooke scolded, her voice gentle but firm as she let go of Emily's elbow and picked up the plate. "It happens to the best of us." She reassured the yellow ranger, who seemed unconvinced.

"I'm sorry," Mike added, taking the plate from Brooke's hand and grabbing the frozen peas, about to make his way into the kitchen to return the two items.

However, Mike stopped in his tracks as Emily spoke sadly. "It's all my fault, I was being silly. I'm always messing things up. I'm sorry." The green and silver rangers shared a look as Emily beat herself up, Brooke's eyes flashing. It was uncharacteristic for Emily to be acting so down on herself, and it made the two other rangers concerned.

"Don't apologize, Em. Accidents happen." Brooke tried reassuring her, and her eyes flashed when Emily looked at her. She scanned Emily's expression and was surprised to find jealousy sparkling in her eyes. It was faint, but still there, and Brooke took it as her cue to leave the scene.

She went to go pat Mike on the shoulder, cringing when she noticed her claws were fully bared. "I don't think I'm cut out for this right now," Brooke muttered so only the green ranger could hear, and Mike nodded faintly.

With that, Brooke was off, her feet carrying her to the outdoor dojo once again. It was empty now, which she breathed a sigh of relief at. Seeing the jealousy in Emily's eyes caused anxiety to swirl in her gut, and Brooke dealt with that anxiety with the best way she could. Summoning her katanas, the swords appeared in a flurry of silver particles, and she tightened her grip on the hilts. Her claws dug into the leather hilts some, but she ignored it and just cycled through her moves. Performing the familiar moves caused her anxiety to disperse somewhat, and soon, the routine was the only thing Brooke was thinking about.

A couple of minutes later, as she landed back on her feet from her handspring, Brooke's gaze shot to Jayden. She didn't know how long he was watching her for, but shrugged it off, sheathing her blades. "Heya, Red." Brooke greeted as her blades disappeared once again.

Jayden returned her greeting with a small smile, walking towards the silver ranger. "Everything alright?" He asked, his blue eyes scanning the girl. He noticed the tension in Brooke's posture, and that made him wear a small frown.

Brooke just wore one of her usual grins, nudging his shoulder with her own. "Doing just fine. What about you?" She asked, but before Jayden could respond, the gap sensor started blaring, the two rangers nodding at each other, sprinting back into the Shiba House.

--

Luckily, the nighlok didn't have moogers surrounding it, but the aesthetic the monster had creeped Brooke out some. It had three large and unblinking red eyes on its back, and she wondered if he could see out of them. She guessed not, because the nighlok didn't see her and Jayden running towards the nighlok from behind, Brooke in her wolf form.

"Surprise!" Jayden yelled, leaping up and slashing down at the nighlok, and Brooke lunged at the same time. Still, both of their attacks missed, the nighlok quickly rolling away from the silver and red rangers.

Brooke shifted back, drawing her katanas as the nighlok spoke. "The samurai rangers? I've been saying all the wrong things right!" The monster snickered, and Mike seemed to grow annoyed.