Chapter 11: Sweet 16 (Part 2)

Depuis le début

   Looking back at Hawks and Adriana who were standing right in front of me, my head went blank and my vision grew even more blurry from my tears of joy. I stared at the lit candles on the beautiful cake that my friends all worked so hard on. I slowly began looking up at the beautiful star filled night sky, staring at the moon that illuminated the location. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and revealed my pitch black wings and halo before the bright, illuminated full moon that shone upon me. A stray tear fell from the corner of my eye, resulting into more and more until my eyes were dry.
   I was born at midnight on a Blue Moon, when the most stars had shun on my perfectly smooth, moonlit skin, wings and halo when I was born. My eyes were originally a galaxy, opal white and violet when I was born, but had eventually darkened the more I grew angry and sad from my past over the years. They had stayed this way due to the trauma of my past continuing to come back to me and haunt me. My wings and halo also darkened from their glowing, milky white form. My skin was a bright, almost moon-like complexion that glowed whenever I was in the presence of the moon.
   Every night I would sneak out and climb onto the roof to see the moon shine on my dark and hardened heart. Listening to soothing music always helped me calm down whenever I would lock myself into my own world to escape the one I was in then. Opening my eyes again to see the faintly twinkling stars in the pitch black night sky, I silently thanked God for everything.

   "Happy Birthday to you~!" My friends cheered loudly as I heard the sound of laughter and happiness fade back into earshot.

   I smiled as I slowly turned around to see all of my friends in a wide circle around me, clapping and cheering.

   "Make a wish, Nao!" Adi exclaimed with a wide eye smile.

   Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath once more, I said the first thing that came to mind.

   I wish for nothing. My life is perfect the way it is, minus the bullying and getting captured. I like my life. It honestly could've been worse in my opinion. So, I wish for nothing in my favor. In my friend's and family's favor, I wish for them to be happy. I want nor wish for anything more, I thought to myself quietly, blowing out the once lit candles, which now disappeared into smoke before me.

   "Whoooo~!! HAPPY SWEET 16, NAOKO!!!" Everybody except Keigo shouted at the same time.

   "Dang! You guys are gonna make me go deaf, haha!" I laughed with a closed eye smile.

   Keigo walked over to me, towering above me while pulling me close.

   "Happy Sweet 16, Angel~," Hawks whispered softly into my ear.

   Before I knew it, I was pulled into a deep, almost mystical kiss. And for what seemed like hours, I couldn't be happier. With that, I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around Keigo's neck, pulling him deeper into the kiss. I could feel a bright glow coming from my body. I could feel my body transforming into a warmer, lighter form of myself.   
   Slowly pulling away from the kiss, I opened my eyes to see everybody's eyes on me as I summoned a mirror into my hands. Taking a peek at the mirror, I couldn't believe what I saw.

   "I-Is that me?" I softly whispered to myself, shocked at what I was looking at.

   Staring right back at me were the same exact pair of the galaxy, opal white and violet eyes I saw in pictures of myself from when I was a baby. My halo and wings were a powerful, blinding white, my feathers were soft to the touch with no more scars to show for. Pointing the mirror to my back, I couldn't see any scars on my body. My face was soft and smooth even to the eye, not one bump dared to appear on my skin. My hair was now longer than ever and was a bright white, with a mini violet rose flower crown in my hair.
   I had a black and white satin cross choker around my neck. My body, now covered in a mainly white silk dress with a black velvet outline across my chest area and a black underskirt attached to the bottom of my dress.

   "I don't know, is that you?" Adi said in shock as I had suddenly transformed into my past self once more.

   "T-this is exactly what I looked like when I was a kid. Before everything happened. Over time, my once 'pure' self darkened. I hardened over time to preserve myself. But, I guess you can never hide anything for long," I chuckled slightly while scratching at my head.

   "No~, it can't be true! I need proof, there's no way in Hell you looked so innocent!" Mina said in wonder.

   "Okay, then," I said snapping my fingers to reveal a picture of when I was about to start middle school.

   Handing the picture to Mina, I let everybody huddle up and stare at the picture as everybody compared the picture to me and gasped.

   "Either way, you're my Angel. No matter how you look. I love you," Keigo pulled me into another kiss.

   This time more intensely and passionately than before.

"I love you too," I managed to squeak out as I gasped for air.

   Pulling away gently, Keigo said something that made me wanna stay and enjoy that moment forever.

"You're my Angel, mine, don't you forget it. No matter what, I'll always stay by your side," Keigo said, nibbling at my neck softly.

   "I guess this makes us partners in crime, eh?" I chuckled a bit.

   "Yep, now you're stuck with me, my little Angel," Keigo teased while lifting up my chin to meet his eyes.

   "Now that, I don't mind one bit. If that's your way of punishing me, it sure sounds like a fun one if you ask me~," I drawled in Keigo's ear, burying my face in his chest.

   Letting Keigo wrap his arms around my waist, allowing him to kiss me again.

   "Oooooooohhh~ Naoko and Hawks~!" Adi teased.

   Breaking away from the kiss, I shot Adi the death glare. After a couple of seconds a psychotic smile curled on my soft lips.

   "And what about you and Deku~ Hmm? That's what I thought!" A wide smirk was plastered onto my face as I laughed hysterically at Deku and Adi blushing madly.

   "Ahahahahahahaha~!!! Oh, I gotchu there didn't I! Hahahahaha!!!" I started smacking the air like no other while laughing like a mad man.

   "Naoko!!" Adi screeched and ran up to me.

   After that situation was handled, we all had some cake, had a few sodas, played some parlor games and overall had a great time laughing and teasing each other! At sunrise, we cleaned up the mess that we had made and scattered all across the roof from the previous night and went to go to our dorms to change and head to school. We still had a few hours till school started so with those hours I quickly showered, changed into my uniform, ate and fell asleep in Keigo's strong, capable arms.

1,798 words.