Twenty-eight¶Pepper Dem🌶😉

Start from the beginning

"Okay!" they chorused with a mischievous smirk. As soon as he left, the class erupted into the worst noise.

Even Nigeria market noise try pass this one!

"I have an idea!" Freddy's throaty voice whispered into my ear. His hot breathe tingled me and I had to fight any urge to giggle.

"And what's the idea?" I tilted my head to see his face.

"Just wait!" he rose from his seat and went to Peggy. She was talking to a girl. He placed his arm on her shoulder and whispered something into her ear. She glanced at me and smirked. Soon she was heading to the front of the class.

"Everyone! Everyone listen to me oo!" Peggy used her towncrier voice to project.

No offense, Peggy but your voice can be so loud sometimes!

Freddy looked at me and smirked.

What do they have planned?

"Who likes that stupid school called Charisma High?" she sneered.

"I don't like it oo!" Some people replied.

"The students in that school are too proud!" another commented. "They think their school is the best in the whole of Nigeria!"

"Azin!" Regina yelled.

True sha! The students have an ego that is as large as mount Kilimanjaro!

"Good! That means we are on the same page!" Peggy exclaimed. "Our school will be going to their occasion tomorrow! Will you like us to win all the competition?"

"Yes na! If we don't win, I will disown all the people that represented our school!" someone bellowed.

I bit my inner cheek. Disown?

"If we don't win, the students in that stupid school will have a reason to insult us. Abeg, we must win oo!" another added

Peggy nodded and smiled at me "Naomi is going to represent us in the debate competition!"

All their wide eyes bored on me and I gulped.

"Are you prepared?" Ijeoma asked from her seat at the other end of the class.

"Do you know how to do debates?" someone queried.

"That's not the point!" Peggy snapped. "We need to help her!"

"So, let her present in front of us!" Freddy chimed in. I grasped his wrist and pulled him.

"I don't know how to present in front of our classmate. I will be shy!" I confessed.

"That's why you need to present to them. It will help you get prepared. Maybe you can conquer your fear," he replied. "Aren't I the best boyfriend?" He winked.

I eyed him, picked up my debate paper and stood up.

"Excuse you?" Freddy snatched the paper out of my hand."Say it by heart! If you make mistake, I will correct you!" he said this and pushed me to the front of the class.

"But..."

"No buts, Cupcake!"

I gulped. For some reasons, my heartbeat was so loud in my ears and my stomach was doing back flips. This is not good!

Their large black eyes were fixed on me. I moved my weight nervously from one leg to the other.

"Start!" Peggy beckoned.

I began to speak. My voice came out as a whisper as I started to introduce myself. Freddy frowned and walked up to me.

He turned to the class.