Birthday Bash

It's the 15th of July and you know what that means. It's Izuku's Birthday. Happy Birthday, Izuku. (Why am I saying happy birthday to a fictional character?)

Izuku Midoriya wasn't a stranger to tragedy. He had faced villains. His father had left him unexpectedly as a child. He had been bullied relentlessly by his 'friends' from the age of 4 for being quirkless. He had cried himself to sleep on too many separate occasions. It was like he was a magnet for trouble and misfortune, but he never thought the universe would go this far. He never thought this would happen.

Izuku's day had started off normally. He rolled out of bed, got dressed and left the dorms before anyone had even started to stir. Well except for Bakugo. Bakugo was always up at ungodly times in the morning. Izuku, of course, waved a greeting to the boy. Receiving a slight grunt of greeting as a sign of acknowledgement. Izuku and Katsuki had a troubling past. When it came to light that Izuku was quirkless, Katsuki was the one who led the rest of the neighbourhood children when they attacked poor Izuku. These attacks followed through into middle school and only stopped when the two boys both got into UA High School's Hero course, and even then Bakugo held an obvious disdain for Izuku. Only after the two boys fought out their conflicts after Bakugo had failed his provisional license exam did things begin to sort themselves out. Bakugo, albeit reluctantly, apologised to his childhood best friend when the two returned to school in their second year. Izuku, ever the friendly and forgiving boy he was, accepted the apology wholeheartedly, even going as far as to hug the angry pomeranian. After that event, the two boys restored their friendship, and although it was slightly rocky, they seemed content to let nature run its course. 

"Hey Kacchan, are you going on your run?" Izuku asked enthusiastically, bouncing over to Bakugo and smiling down at the stretching boy. "What do you think, Dek- Midoriya? Do you think I'm just stretching outside for the fun of it?" Katsuki snarked, stopping himself from calling the bubbly boy in front of him 'Deku'. Bakugo had resigned himself to the fact that he couldn't call his friend (calling Izuku his friend was an odd concept to Katsuki) the nickname he had given him in their childhood. There were steps he had to take to right the wrongs he had made in the past, and one of those steps was no longer calling Izuku the derogatory nickname. "Yeah, I guess the answer was pretty obvious." Izuku chuckled to himself, not looking at Bakugo as a blush of embarrassment spread across his cheeks. Bakugo huffed, looking up at the broccoli boy. "Where are you going, nerd?" Bakugo asked, standing up and stretching his arms out behind his back. "Oh," Izuku jumped slightly at his friend's gruff voice, "I'm going to visit my mum. It's my birthday next week and she needs to go away on urgent business so we've decided to move the celebration forward a week." Izuku smiled sweetly, eyes gaining a far away blissful look. "Oh yeah, it's nearly your birthday." Katsuki muttered to himself, looking away from the boy and towards the woodland bordering the school. The two boys stood in silence for a moment before they seemed to reanimate. "Well, I better be off. I want to spend as much time with my mum as I can." Izuku smiled before waving to Bakugo once again and bounding away to the gates of UA, flashing his note of permission to the robot on guard.

As Bakugo watched his friend skip off, he pulled out his phone and opened the notes app. 'Prepare a birthday party with the other shitty extras for that nerd'. Satisfied with the note he had made, Bakugo turned on his music and started jogging towards the woodland.

"Izuku! Sweetie, have you grown?" Inko Midoriya squealed when she saw her son at her door. Izuku laughed lightly and fell into his mother's open arms, the familiar warmth which encompassed him making him feel safe and loved. "I saw you not even 2 weeks ago." Izuku chuckled into his mother's shoulder. The two Midoriyas stood in the doorway of their small flat for a few minutes before they finally pulled away and walked into the familiar homey atmosphere of their abode.