Chapter 9 - Katherine

Oh my god, my head! Did someone hit me with a fucking sledgehammer while I was asleep?

I force myself to open my eyes, cause my bladder is screaming for release and I need to get up from bed to get to the bathroom. This is the worst.

I try to get up, but something heavy restricts my movements. I glance down, only to see a big arm wrapped around my waist. An arm I'm familiar with. I slowly turn around, making sure to not let the arm fall off my waist.

I feel a small smile appear on my face when I'm met with Killian's peaceful sleeping face. There are no worry lines between his brows, no frown, just peace. He looks so handsome when he sleeps.

Feeling brave, I reach my hand out and softly trail my finger over his dark eyebrow, chiseled cheek then dark beard. I've never met a man this attractive. He is a sin in the hottest form.

I wish I could just stay like this and keep touching him, but my stupid bladder has different idea. With a quiet groan, I take Killian's arm off my body and tiptoe out of his room, heading to my room's bathroom. I'd rather avoid the embarrassment of walking out of Killian's bathroom or having him hear me peeing.

Once I'm done with my business, I take a shower and change into something more... appropriate. I didn't even realize I wasn't wearing my clothes but some huge t-shirt! Oh my god, did Killian change me?! Damn it, he probably saw my batman underwear! So embarrassing!

After I'm finally looking less like a hobo, I check my phone, trying to see if there're any new messages for me. After quitting all of my three jobs back... there, I started sending resumes in the nearest city. But I still got no response.

Guess I'm gonna have to live off my savings for a while.

Thank god I managed to save a bit.

As I sit on the bed, reading my messages, I hear a commotion outside. But I don't dare go see what it's about. I may know those people a bit, but I'm not one of them. I have no right to meddle in their affairs.

"Go get her, then!" I hear Tank yell at someone before someone runs up the hallway and knocks rapidly on my door.

"Katherine!" Oh god, Tank sent them to get me.

"Coming." I limp to the door, mentally cursing the brace on my leg. I open the door, only to be met with Gun's frowning face.

"Come with me." He ushers me towards the common room, but not before waking Killian up. I don't miss how they exchange looks, almost as if they're communicating without words.

"Wh-What's going on? Did something happen?"

"You can say that." Gun grumbles quietly.

When we finally reach the room, all I can do is gasp. I stop dead in my tracks, causing Killian to bump into me slightly. He catches me before I manage to fall face-down and keeps me in his arms, pressed into his big body, giving me a sense of security as I stare baffled at the woman arguing with Tank.

"What are you doing here?!" I gasp at her, ignoring the curious looks I get from the club members.

"How dare you just run away like that, you little slut?!" My mother snarls at me, shoving Tank away as she marches towards me.

I snap out of my shock and glare at her with all the anger I can muster. "You're the one who told me to leave! How did you find me anyway?!"

"It wasn't that hard. Did you forget I could track your phone through that 'where's my kid' app? You're more naïve than I thought." She glares at me with a nasty smirk, knowing how uncomfortable I get when there're people watching me.