Seetharamula Kalyanam

(P.S.  I imagined them as main leads when I wrote this story. The above song goes with the flow. Both the image and the song is from a short film 'Prayanam'.  Language : Telugu) 

The sunrays hit the ground breaking the dawn. Morning mist covering the huge sky. Birds chirping in a tune while the cool breeze blew making the atmosphere cool. The nature on the ground swayed to the beat of the wind. The flow of the river gave a rhythm and tune to nature's joy.

The mandap was decorated with the beauty of relations. Kids not caring about the worries of the world; played  joyfully creating chaos, living in their own fantasy. The ladies of the house were tense while some gossiped, others busy discussing their jewellery, clothing, decorations and what not...While men engaged in discussing political matters, financial issues and some other matters. The whole hall was filled with chaos, laughter and happiness. 

Water drops on those delicate petals of roses which adorned the bride's hair brought shame to those beautiful pearls. 

Those fierce eyes are enhanced by kajal, holding something deeper and darker than the starry night. Her precious smile had something hidden behind it. Her beautiful golden face had something buried deep down.  Soon to be Mrs, Miss. Seetha has a knot in her heart which is pricking her every second. Her brain is having a huge storm inside. She is struggling to be free, to be herself. 

She sat beside the groom, the purohit reciting the mantras. Soon they are going to keep 'Jeelakarra bellam' (the sacred leaf) on each other, which means the ritual is going to be completed and they are to be declared as married.

She couldn't bear it any longer, so she stood up and ran. She didn't dare to look at her parents or her relative's  faces. She was terrified and afraid. She couldn't bear those heavy tears that came from her heart any longer.  She could hear footsteps, someone was following her and she knew who it was.

She halted when she saw the wall in front of her, but didn't turn to look back, cause she felt guilty. 

Ram held Seetha's hand and made her face him. All he asked was, "Why Seetha? Don't you want to get married to me?"

This  time Seetha raised her head and looked into Ram's eyes and asked, "If Dasharatha and Koushalya demanded dowry from  Janaka, would Seetha like and agree to marry Ram?"

Ram simply smiled and answered, "If Ram had known this before he would have opposed it, cause he loves  Seetha for who she is not her assets. I'm sorry Seetha, I'm sorry for what you've been through."

Seetha feebly smiled, she had known that her Ram had morals just like Lord Ram himself. After all, he is a human.

"Why didn't you believe me, Seetha? Don't you have faith in me Seetha?"

"Well.... anger, agony and tears blurred my vision and I wasn't able to see my true Ram"

Ram smiled to himself, he knew that Seetha we'll be with him forever. Even if death dared, Seetha will always and forever be in her Ram's heart

"They say marriages are  made in heaven but I  believe they are made here on earth between two souls,two hearts, two families by relations, trust , love and destiny; not by dowry "

                                                                                               -Uditasree