The sound of someone clearing their throat behind them causes the two to separate slightly, Nicks arm still around Nessa.

"Heyyy sup Richards" Nick greets the very annoyed looking Josh. He doesn't seem to catch on to Josh's hostility.

"Austin" He acknowledges, his stare never leaving Nessa- not even for a second. "Blake will drive you home, you need to sleep".

Nick shrugs his shoulders. If he's being honest, a glass of water and his own bed does seem very inviting right now. Letting his arm fall, Nick takes Nessa's hand, placing a soft kiss on her knuckles before giving her a small wave goodbye as he gets escorted away by an amused Blake Gray.

The silence settles in when the boys leave and it's only Nessa and Josh standing on the porch. Her smile fading, Nessa wraps her arms around herself as she feels the cold surround her where Nicks warm body was only minutes ago.

"What're you doing here? I thought parties weren't your thing" Josh asks, his tone neutral.

"They aren't. I'm supposed to pick up something from Avani for our photography project but I wasn't aware she was having a party tonight so I'll just get it tomorrow" she says in a low voice before turning around and making her way down the steps.

"Bambi wait" the boy calls, standing on the stairs.

When he calls her the nickname she's hated for years, Nessa can't help but feel relieved. She never thought that she'd be happy to hear that stupid name slip past his lips. Maybe he doesn't hate her completely.

"Come inside and hang for a few. I'll get Avani for you".

Nessa nods, walking back towards him. She may as well get what she came here for and maybe there's a chance Mad's will talk to her too.

The two head inside in silence, making their way through the busy  living room and down into the basement where it's less crowded and quieter than the upstairs area. Two of the guys from the football team stand at the top of the staircase, they've been given strict instructions to only let the pops downstairs. Nessa can't help but roll her eyes at the cliche-ness of it all.

"Nessa! Glad you could make it" Avani smiles, hugging the shorter girl. Nessa braces herself for the impact, her arm shielding her stomach.

She didn't do so well hiding the subtle move as Josh furrows his brows at her actions while the two girls break away from each other.

"Stay right here and I'll get those notes for you" The slightly buzzed girl smiles sweetly before disappearing.

Nessa nods her head, standing awkwardly at the bottom of the stairs. Her eyes wonder off to the large couch in the corner where she spots a certain blonde, cuddled into Jaden and laughing at Quinton as he gets destroyed by Noah Beck at Just Dance.

As if the blonde could sense she was being stared at, Mad's looks up- her laughter dying down when she sees the brunette she's tried to avoid for weeks now. Not because she hates her or that she doesn't want to be friends anymore but because she doesn't know who her best friend is anymore. The Nessa that Mad's grew up with would never have handled that kind of situation so poorly.

"Yo Ness, you down to play?" Griffin asks as he sets up the truth or dare game he and Kio made earlier. They documented the full thing on their snapchats. It was interesting to watch.

Shrugging, the small girl makes her way over to one of the couches, ignoring the burning stares she's receiving from both Josh and Mad's. Nessa takes a seat on the arm of the chair, pulling down the sleeves of her hoodie.