Chapter 17

"Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I've got nothing but my aching soul?"

Alex's POV

I'm in my office, going through the emails or should I say 'trying' to go through them. I let out an frustrated sigh, I can't focus.

Crystal is on my mind, I'm falling for her so fast. But what if I hurt her? I can't hurt her. Should I let her go?

I shut my laptop and stood up. I was pacing around still stuck I'm my thoughts. 

What should I do?

Gotcha! I ain't letting her go.

I walked out of my office and went to talk to Anna.

"Anna can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked as I saw her talking to someone on the phone. She hung up and walked towards me with a smile. Weird.

"Sure sir, everything good?"

"Yes, actually I'm taking a vacation for.....almost a month maybe, so I want you to take care of the business while I'm gone. Can you do that?" I gave her a smile.

"Off course sir, I'm on it. I can do that" she replied.

"Thank you Anna, I really appreciate it." I said walking back to my office. I immediately grabbed my phone and dialled her number. It rang once, twice, thrice-

"Hey" her soft voice said. I almost lost my balance.

"Hey Crystal, I've Something to offer you", I can sense her confusion through the phone.

"Okay...." She trailed on.

"As you dedicated your heart and soul to the bakery, I think you should give yourself a .... Uh.. 'you time', so wanna go on a vacation with me? I know a 'you time' should be treating yourself and be alone and have fun, but.....I really wanna spend some quality time with you"

Silence

"Don't worry it's just the penthouse, for a month" I continued.

"A month!?" She asked.

"Yes, a month and before you even try to deny, don't , Rita and Chase is there to take care of the bakery, even Blake can help sometimes, also you got your mom and dad to help you, c'mon it'll be fun, you'll have a great time" silence. Again.

I was biting my nails as I waited for her reply. Then I heard her sigh.

"Fine, I really needs break anyways" she giggled. I almost squealed like a teenage girl.

"Great! I'll be there tomorrow by 1pm to pick you"

"TOMORROW!?" she yelled.

"Yes tomorrow, I know I should've asked you earlier but...yeah" I gulped.

"You better not be late Mr. Richards" I laughed.