Chapter 8

A good friend is one who understands your strengths and weaknesses and still cherishes you for who you are.
          ~Unknown

†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*†*

 Some time after the (very) awkward interaction, the food was finally ready. I didn't really realize how hungry I was until I started eating(read: inhaling) the food. 

      No one really talked, so it was rather awkward, but nobody really noticed, considering we were too busy stuffing our faces with Woojin’s delicious pancakes. The only sounds were from silverware occasionally hitting the plastic plates.

      “Hey! —— need to buy—— used up—- shopping—— come with-,” Woojin said something, but I didn’t pay much attention, his words going in through one ear and out the other. I just kept on nodding my head to whatever he said, hoping that it’ll suffice.

      “Perfect!” he smiled, “Then, we can all go shopping all together!”

      And that, is how I got dragged into going somewhere with them, even though I definitely didn't want to. Sadly, Woojin had said something about Boss wanting him to keep his eye on me until he can speak to me one on one when I asked to stay behind. 

      So that takes you to where we are now, getting out of the stuffy car at some huge superstore thing. 

      Woojin had lent me a pair of sweats and a hoodie, which I decided he won't be getting back, but that's besides the point. Comfy, oversized hoodies are the best, and Woojin’s always have that nice smell of his lavender detergent.

      Walking around has become quite the hassle since I'm still very bruised and  sore, but I think I'm doing well…..I mean I haven't gotten that many weird or concerned looks. 

      "Hey Jisung, why are you limping? '' Min-dude walked next to me and asked 

      “Oh, I was going grocery shopping, but then this old lady ran into me with her cart, so I decided to go home and check up on it. On the way home, I fell off my bike cause my foot was hurting y’know? So yeah. Oh! And I accidentally slammed the door on my toe really hard when I got back,” I motioned with my hands to add emphasis.

      I could hear Woojin laugh as Min-dude awkwardly smiled.

      “Um… so… what are we doing here?” I asked, confused, as I stared up at the huge sign that read “May’s Superstore”.

      “Buying more food and bandages cause someone used them all up.” Woojin replied, side-eyeing me.

      “Bandages?” Min-dude wondered, glancing between the two of us, “Why would he need those?”

      I elbowed Woojin in the ribs, throwing him a nasty glance.

      “Ahem…. uh… my, er, cat scratched me really bad the other day. I got her just the other day, so she’s still wary of me.” I lied through my teeth, topping it off with a big, fake, smile.

      Min-dude apparently bought it though, as his eyes immediately lit up at the mention of “cat”.

      “Oh my gosh, you have cats too? I have three, Soonie, Doongie, and Dori,” he whipped out his phone, opening it up to the familiar lock screen of the three cats, and shoved it into my face.

      “Aren’t they the cutest?” Min-dude said, excited, like a little kid, “They’re so fluffy and cute, I love them so much! Cats are the best.”

      “Uh…” Min-dude’s eyes sparkled as he looked at me expectantly, “Er, yeah! They’re the greatest!”

      Min-dude grinned, cheerful.

      Woojin slapped my back, bending over from laughter, small tears evident in the corners of his eyes.

      “Yah!” I hissed in his ear, “This is your fault! Why couldn’t you keep your mouth shut?”

      Woojin dramatically gasped, “You should have respect for your hyung, you little brat!”

      “I only give respect to those who deserve it,” I shot back.

      He stuck his tongue out at me.

      How childish. So much for a decent parent figure, I guess.

      Min-dude snapped out of his cat-filled daydreams and once again looked at us with confusion written all over his pretty face.

      I coughed awkwardly, trying to cover my laughter. “Yeah, um… so food and bandages, right? I’ll go get the bandages, Woojin and Min-du- ahem, Min- min… Minnie! You two go get some food!” My face flushed a tomato-like shade of red as I stumbled through my sentence in a very inelegant manner, almost calling Min-dude the wrong name.

       Before they could reply, I dashed for the Health and Wellness section of the superstore, not daring to look back.

      Min-dude and Woojin stared, part confused and part amused, at my rapidly retreating figure.

      “Minnie, huh? I didn’t know you two were that close,” Woojin raised an eyebrow, glancing at Minho.

       He shrugged, “Does he make a habit of giving nicknames?”

      “No! I begged him for sooooo longggg to call me Woo, but he just wouldn’t! What’s with this unfair treatment?” Woojin fake cried into his elbow.

      Minho shrugged again, “It sucks to suck, I guess.”