18| Interrogation

Zero's POV

Shortly after Silver came back, he looked at my scraped knee for a moment before setting the first aid kit down on the table right next to me and opening it up.

"Brace yourself, this might sting a little..." He says after getting out the anti-bacterial spray.

I sucked air through my teeth sharply in pain as Silver sprayed it on my scraped knee, until I relaxed once he applied the bandages on it.

"All done."

Then Silver putted the medical supplies back in the first aid kit before putting it away.

"Now, let's go and get this interrogation thing done and over with, so you won't have to deal with it and worry about it later." Silver mentions before he took me out of the infirmary and started making our way down the hall.

I sighed a little once we arrived at the interrogation room.

As I expected, Team Dark and Chaotix were there. That also includes Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles. The only one who was not present was that robot, Omega.

Probably getting repairs again after getting damaged a little from the war.

Then I noticed Silver was holding a pair of handcuffs in his hands until I stuck both of my hands out before he putted the handcuffs on where my wrists were.

After being handcuffed, I was taken in the interrogation room before Silver entered and took a seat, while I noticed a folder that probably contained files about me and the crimes that I've done in the past up until now.

I sat down too before the interrogation session began as the others were watching us through the window.

"So..." Silver began. "Why did you come to the resistance base with Gadget and to surrender all of a sudden?"

I looked at the wall, trying to recollect the memory and remember the reason why I came here with Gadget for.

Then I remembered as I looked back at Silver.

"Because I wanted to turn over a new leaf. After the war was over, I was starting to get really sick and tired of Dr.Eggman bossing and ordering me around like a slave.

I took the liberty to escape from him after planning on it for 2 days, but there was one thing I had to give up as a consequence for that..." I began.

"What?"

"The Phantom Ruby. That's why it's no longer with me anymore. The only thing remaining that was left from it is the scar on my chest and the powers of the ruby that became a part of my body for some strange reason.

It wasn't suppose to happen the moment I unconsciously summoned the power of it from the moment when I got angered by Shadow recently during lunchtime today in the cafeteria since Sonic and everyone else had witnessed it."

Silver leaned back on the chair a bit, his facial expression showing that he was thinking for a moment before picking up and looking at the files that were beside him.

"Okay. Let's see then...Jackal Squad...Wanted criminal...kidnapping...genocide....yadda yadda yadda..." Silver went before putting the files down. "So, did you do all of these crimes?"

I nodded.

"Yes. I did." I answered before I began to explain everything to him.

Including my past and what happened to my Jackal Squad.

After I was finished, Silver nodded his head in understanding.

"I see..." He went.

Then silence filled the room except for the sound of our breathing.

"Alright...Imma let you loose now. Before we do that, I need you to sign this." Silver spoke up after a bit.

Then he pulled out a yellow sheet and a black ink pen before he handed them to me.

I picked up the pen and uncapped it before I wrote down my confession.