Homecoming

Lauren's P.O.V
We were in the car driving to my house. We gotten the week off and we were closer to my place so we decided to spend the time there. The girls were more than excited. I promised them that they could finally meet my youngest sister, Elena. She's three years old and the girls have never met her because she was always asleep, away or hiding when they came over. I haven't seen her in months and I miss her like crazy.

Dinah pulled up to my house and I jumped out as soon as we stopped. The girls followed me not commenting on my method of leaving the car only because they were just as excited. I opened the unlocked door and I was hit with a hug. Taylor was attached on to me. I said "miss me much". She nodded.

My mom walked in with my dad and Chris in tow. They gave me a hug and said hello. The girls came in with their luggage in their hands. My family greeted them. My dad and Chris took their luggage up to the guest and my room, where they would be staying. I looked at my mom and she said not even needing me to ask her the question "upstairs".

I ran upstairs, the girls followed me without me noticing. The only thing on my mind was my baby sister. I ran into my room which we shared because I was here less than Taylor. She was sleeping in her crib cuddling with her stuffed dolphin I gave her. She still had to be in a crib because she was small for her age and wouldn't stay in her bed so my parents decided it was easier to keep her in the crib. She was small enough to fit so there wasn't any problem.

I scooped her up and kept her in my arms. She opened her eyes slowly, mumbling to herself as she did so "no Manko, Scarfy needs the zaro". She opened her eyes and shouted "Lolo". I smiled at her and said "how's my lany" (pronounced lay-knee). She said "good now you back". I kissed her nose and set her on my hip.

I turned to be met by four girls tucking their phones away. I playfully glared at them. Normani said "are you going to introduce us Lo". I said "girls, this is my baby sister, Elena Avery Devonne Jauregui". Then I turned my attention to the little girl currently burying her head into my side I said "lany, meet my friends, Ally, Normani, Dinah and Camila" as I pointed to each girl.

Ally came up to me and looked at the girl in my arms. She said "hi Elena I'm Ally". Dinah came over and did the same "hey Elena I'm Dinah". Normani came up next "I'm Normani". Camila came up last and said "hey I'm Camila". When Camila backed away Elena took her head out from my side and looked at the girls. She didn't say anything, she just looked them over taking in their appearance.

We went downstairs and sat on the floor of the playroom. Chris was playing some Video game and Taylor was scrolling down on her phone. I set Elena on my lap, my legs were crossed so she had a sort of seat. I let her play with my hands while we made quiet conversation. Taylor came and sat with us joining the conversation every once and I while. Elena continued to play with my hands keeping her gaze down and her mouth shut. The girls and I tried to bring her into the conversation but she'd only give one worded answers or a shrug of her shoulders.

Lunch came and passed uneventfully. Elena had to take her nap so I brought her upstairs. I set her in her crib and locked the bars. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead. She said as I was leaving "love you Lolo". I said turning off the lights "love you too Lany".

I went downstairs only to be bombarded with questions "why's she so quiet" "how is something so cute" "does she talk" "is she always so quiet". I answered there questions quickly "I have no idea I haven't seen her for months, I haven't got a clue, yes and no". We sat in the living room with my parents chatting about adult stuff like management and family. My mind drifted to Elena. What happened while I was away to make like this? Maybe she just misses me. No that would make so quiet. Maybe she's just shy. I don't know.

I was brought out of my thoughts by my mom saying "Lauren, can you check on your sister. She'll be up soon". I nodded and went to our room. She was still sleeping but she was tossing and turning something she had always done before she woke up. I sat on my bed and watched her. She opened her eyes and smiled when her gaze landed on me. She stood up and I helped her out of her crib. I figured that we wouldn't go anywhere soon so I let her stay in her onezie. I took her hand and we went downstairs.