"Sakamaki, you probably know what you have to do."

Ayato smirked, and got up from his chair, not bothering to look at his teacher while he walked out of the class. The dream was too real, but he refused to show any weakness to the demons of his mind. He needed to be strong, not to let the bloodlust drive him crazy yet again. He knelt down on the hard floor, looking up, bored and tired. He didn't know what he was doing. He wanted to just walk away from punishment while that old baldy taught useless math equations. He needed a distraction, and just when he wanted one, he felt a delightful aroma waft towards him.

Yui's steady steps approached him, as he caught her scent. It made him want to simply tear her throat apart. While one part of his mind told him to stay away from her, the other reckless part wanted to see how far he could push without draining her to death.

She caught him staring, a light blush painting her cheeks pink as his eyes followed her body. He knew what she must have been thinking. He knew the humiliation she had endured because of him had pushed her to slap Laito, but he wanted to distance himself from that fiasco. She was the one who made that decision and acted upon it. He'd been holding his obsessive tendencies for her sake, and she'd brought all the suffering upon herself. In his twisted way of thinking, Yui deserved to be punished by Reiji tonight.

She went past him, into the classroom, without much hesitation. He found himself a bit annoyed. She should have at least cast a look upon him. Even though he'd been the one ignoring her. Even though he'd been the one snarling at her. Now, he thought, that he deserved her ignorance.

He heard muffled voices, as she exited the classroom, to stand in front of him. Habit made him try to sneak a peek into her skirt, but she was quick to get away from him before he could get any chance.

"Can you stay serious for one moment?" Yui said, crossing her arms across her chest. Ayato looked at her, the light from the lamp shining above them dizzying his vision.

"Can you mind your own business for one moment?" Ayato retorted. He wanted her to sting from those words, but she stayed adamant, not moving out of his way.

"Come on, we need to go," she said, bending down and tugging at his arm. Ayato rolled his eyes, getting up on his feet. Dusting off his knees, he asked, "What made the old man let me go?"

"I lied."

Ayato whipped his head towards her, giving her a bewildered look. Yui clutched a folder in her arms, and as she watched him look at her, he saw her digging her nails into the folder, as if that will save her from him. Grabbing her by the elbow, he forced her to walk through the corridor with him. If Reiji saw them cutting class together again, he'd skin both of them alive. This was totally reckless of her. It's not like they could get back to the class and tell Kurosawa that there had been some mistake and Yui did need to attend class. And the irrational part of Ayato's brain jumped at the opportunity to isolate Yui.

Once they were both outside of the corridor, into the same garden where Ayato had unsuccessfully tried to drink from her, he turned her towards him, hands on her shoulders, as he barked, "Explain."

She winced from the pain, and he let go. He needed to hold his reins back. One little mistake and it could cost him.

"I just needed for you to lighten up for a moment," she said, stepping back, creating distance between them.

Ayato rolled his eyes. "Since when do you care about my mood, Pancake." He kicked the grass beneath him. "Stooopid."

"Don't call me stupid, you went with the escape plan anyway."

"What am I supposed to do then? Waltz back into class?"

"You weren't in class anyway, Ayato kun. The teacher would have kicked you out anyway."