SIXTEEN

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

L E G I O N

❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀ ~ ○ ❀

Willa had never been more distracted and confused in her entire life. The events of the previous evening just kept playing over and over in her head, the feeling of Matthew's lips pressing against hers while his hands had lit her skin on fire was something she never thought she would get to experience yet she had.

She hadn't even touched much on the fact that had been her first kiss. Willa had always seen her parents kissing or seen the occasional couple here and there, but being kissed was a whole different story. She now knew what it was like, had tasted the addictive drink that was kissing Matthew Fairchild. And she feared she may never recover.

Matthew had done a pretty good job of avoiding her the best that he could even going as far as to stand on the opposite side of the group that very afternoon when the Merry Thieves, their Maid Marian, and Lucie were all in the ballroom. The young Herondale girl only noticed it for a second before she began getting lost in her own thoughts, barely listening to the words being exchanged between her friends as her gaze drifted towards the window while her thoughts ran wild.

Willa was sure she would have thought about Matthew for the rest of the day if it weren't for the sudden arrival of Cordelia Carstairs, the red haired girl hurriedly walking into the ballroom which was filled with furniture hidden by white sheets. The group was very fortunate that Will and Tessa were out on day patrol, so the ballroom had become their designated meeting place to figure out the Pyxis Anna had handed to them the night before.

"Cordelia," Willa greeted, that having been the first word she had spoke since they entered the room. She could feel Matthew glance her way as if he hadn't been expecting her to speak, but her eyes only locked with those of Thomas who stared at her for a moment as if he were trying to figure her out before settling for reaching out and gently squeezing her hand to let her know that whatever it is that was plaguing her thoughts, she wasn't alone.

"Cordelia!" Lucie exclaimed upon hearing her sister's greeting. She had turned from the circle the group found themselves in around the Pyxis box and smiled widely at her future parabatai. "We were just exchanging information. We learned a great deal that was important at the Enclave meeting last night, and it sounds as if you did something or other at the Hell Ruelle. Nothing that compelling, no doubt, but we cannot all be spies."

"I heard about the meeting from my brother this morning," Cordelia informed them, joining their makeshift circle. She was wearing her gear much like everyone else was and Willa momentarily saw the red head glance at James before quickly looking away. "The quarantine and—all the rest."