Chapter 8

From the Transcript of the Zoe Ramirez Tapes:

Zoe Ramirez: Black Siren, from my experience knowing her, is someone who I would describe as a woman of many faces.

From Feeling the Blue: A Complete Examination on the Case of William Clayton by Ralph Dibney (pg. 13)

Published via Star Labs, April 2, 2028

Mass Murderer. Con Artist. Master Manipulator. Sociopath. Imposter. Sadist. Narcissist. Terrorist. Angel of Destruction. Monster. Black Siren.

These are just a handful of names that have been associated with this interdimensional criminal. Whispered among the people of Earth-2, the name Black Siren alone has come to personify the phrase, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Feared by many, known by a few, just who is Earth-2 Dinah Laurel Lance?

Retrieved from Earth-2 Central City Police Archives

MOST WANTED BY CENTRAL CITY POLICE

CCPD No. 222 509

WANTED FOR BURGLARY, GRAND LARCENY, EXTORTION, GRAND THEFT AUTO, DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, ROBBERY, INSURANCE FRAUD, KIDNAPPING, NONCOMPLIANCE WITH METAHUMAN REGISTRATION ACT, FORGERY, POSSESSION OF ILLEGAL FIREARMS, IDENTITY THEFT, AND MULTIPLE COUNTS OF PREMEDITATED MURDER

Name: Dinah Laurel Lance

Alias: Black Siren

Species: Metahuman

Hair Color: Blonde

Eye Color: Green

Age: Late 20's to Mid 30's

Height: 5'7

Build: Slender

Known Associates: Zoom, Reverb, King Shark, Dr. Light, Killer Frost, Deathstorm

ALL CIVILIANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO IMMEDIATELY REPORT ANY INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS PERSON ALONG WITH ALL AFOREMENTIONED PERSONS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES

Retrieved from the Central City News Archives of Earth-2

Excerpt from issue #86 of The Fishnet Magazine (Published in 2016 via Kanigher and Infantino Publishing Firm).

Black Siren is one of a chosen few whose bark is literally bigger than her bite. Her reputation is operatic; her past, silent. But take away her scream along with her insatiable appetite for chaos, and all that is left is a mysterious woman whose bag is always full of tricks.

Dinah Laurel Lance, her real name according to an old acquaintance of hers, is someone who has redefined the "femme" in "femme fatale. It has been said by survivors who escaped her wrath that she had lips that would set any man dreaming. She is also known to have quite a bit of class, as proven by her stylish and deadly outfit worn whenever destruction falls upon Central City. On the other hand, despite her predisposition to lure and exploit her victims, my sources within the criminal underworld tell me that she keeps to herself, even among Zoom's ranks. She would socialize, sometimes she would flirt, but she would always mind to herself most of the time.

As such, most of Black Siren's personal life remains a mystery. Her criminal life, on the other hand, is barely a secret.

Retrieved from the News Archives of Earth-2 Central City

Excerpt from The Central City Headline: (Written by Kendra Saunders, Published from Central City News, 2014) pg. 11

NOTORIOUS CRIMINAL STRIKES AGAIN!

The Museum of Technological Innovation has fallen into ruin. Security footage shows a blonde woman wearing black leather entering the building through the backdoor. Moments later, a colossal scream was heard echoing the street as the museum collapsed. Following the destruction, CCTV cameras captured the same woman on the parking lot, looking into one of the cameras, before blowing a sonic kiss and destroying it.

"We were able to identify this person as one of Central City's most wanted suspects, Black Siren." CSI investigator Barry Allen commented. "Based on the evidence at the crime scene, a massive sonic frequency had not only caused tremendous damage to the museum's infostructure but also ruptured the vital organs and central nervous system of the security guard on duty, Renee Montoya."

CCPD Captain Iris West-Allen gave this statement on behalf of the entire force at a press conference later on that day.

"Although theft is a possible motive behind this attack," She said to dozens of reporters. "We have reason to suspect that this is connected to the attacks upon Central City National Bank and STAR Labs, both of which have occurred this past month. CCPD has issued a warrant for Black Siren's arrest and advise anyone with information concerning her present whereabouts to immediately come forward. On behalf of Renee Montoya's family along with the city's community, rest assured that we will not rest until we find Black Siren and make sure that she faces justice for this heartless murder.

Renee Montoya, 26, is survived by her wife, brother, and two children.

Found within the folds of Laurel Lance's Black Siren suit

CERTIFICATION OF BIRTH

STATE OF WASHINGTON

STARLING CITY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

State No: 112586

Name: Dinah Laurel Lance

Date of Birth: October 29, 1986

Father: Quentin Lance

Mother (Maiden Name): Dinah Song-Kingston

Weight: 7 lbs

Time of Birth: 07:18 AM

Thea, Roy, Sara, and Ralph all read through the numerous ARGUS files on Earth-2 Laurel Lance and documents from the aforementioned parallel universe regarding her. Her birth certificate was being authenticated by Harry Wells after her Black Siren suit was discovered in her apartment.

Roy looked through several more case files, while Ralph responded to a text message from one of the officers at the SCPD station crime scene. Thea was looking through the evidence bin, one recovered item after another. She pawned through them, trying to find anything that would give her some clarity, only to come up entirely short.

Sara, on the other hand, fished a photo of the woman who wore the face of her deceased sister.

"It seems you had quite a role to play in this story." She whispered to the photo. "Question is, what role, and why did you play it all?"