Chapter Eleven.

Începe de la început

"Well, I'm black and Harry's white... we're together even though black people had a long and terrifying history because of white people. Slavery, colonization and all. To this day, things are terrible but me and Harry.. Like each other. How we make it work is that we see each other, there's no love has no color bullshit because that's just saying that he doesn't really see me as black girl, he doesn't acknowledge my struggles in life and that he has no privilege. We talked about that with each other so we have a better understanding of each other. It's hard for us to be open about it because we're still not an acceptable couple. My parents might not like it but.. Maybe one day it would be more acceptable and everyone can love each other freely. It doesn't matter what race, class or sexuality. I would cry the day that gay people can lawfully marry each other and me and Harry would walk down the street without someone trying to harass us." Gardenia explained.

"I get what you're saying but his race tried to wipe my entire race." Batya mumbled.

"What do you think white folks did to Black people? They took us from our country, our haven. They inbred us, raped us, killed us, dehumanized us, sold us as if we're livestock, colonized us so that we can forget who we are. I still to this day don't know where my family is from, who I am besides a Black American teenager. I can't even ask my Grandma because she died working for the white man, my grandpa was white and is German but that's all I know and it's sad because I don't even my black side but I know more of my white side of the family because my Grandpa actually has lineage from when his family actually began while my Grandma had no memory or memorabilia of her family because they were either murder or they been through so much pain that they forgot." Gardenia explained and Batya nodded, she grabbed Gardenia's hand. "You're right.. I'm sorry... your situation is just as bad as mine... well... even worse."

Gardenia shrugged and she looked down, she tried not to think about it as much. "I'm not trying to compare myself to you or make you feel bad but if you like him and you think you two would be good together then go for it even if your lives are very much different. Me and Harry are completely two different people. We have maybe three things in common but of course race isn't one of them but as long as Nikolas understands you and if he really cares then you two should be fine." Gardenia stated and Batya hummed, she did like Nikolas more than she thought she would. "Alright, I'll go for it. Thanks, Gardenia." Batya smiles and Gardenia grinned, she fixes Batya's hair for a moment. "Go talk to him, I'll be fine on my own." Gardenia assures her and Batya frowned a little. "Are you sure?" She asked her friend.

"Of course sugar, I'll just check on you every now and then to make sure things are going good." Gardenia assures her one more time.

Batya gets up and Gardenia watches her friend walk up the bleachers and she sits down next to Nikolas. Nikolas turns around and he smiles at Batya.

Gardenia turns back around and she smiles a little, she is glad that Batya liked someone and she hopes the best for her.

Gardenia looked around and her eyes suddenly froze onto a boy, he was over in the soccer field. Playing and he was completely shirtless, she clicked her tongue because he was the only boy in this school who already had about twenty tattoos on him. There were groups of students mostly girls who stood and watched him from behind the fence.

Soccer season was on its way and Harry has been saying he wanted to try out so he had switched out of the gym class to practice for soccer. Gardenia watched him and he looked very focused, he was smiling a little and he was running and he would steal the ball from his opponents every single time. The way his chest bounced a little and his shorts hung a bit low. All the girls that watched drooled over him and she wasn't going to deny it but made her jealous. She watched from afar and she couldn't help but not take his eyes off of him. She trusted him and she wasn't worried but the thought of a girl gawking at him made her skin boil a little.