21 | Mid String of Fate

Start from the beginning

Jimin shows up when the sun is setting. He is sporting an unbuttoned baggy maroon shirt with a black-print white tee and ripped blue jeans. 

It would be an understatement to say that Jungkook is a fan of his style. He has no idea how Jimin manages to pull off such effortlessly trendy looks all the time when he can't think of wearing anything but black. Speaking of which, he'll have to go shopping for some summer wear soon because it is getting hard to dress that same color during the warm weathers.

"Hi there," Jimin smiles at him, leaned on the door frame as always. "Am I early?"

Jungkook can't help but check him out. Jimin is glowing. 

"You're just on time. Come on in."

"Great!"

Jimin grins, playfully brushing past him on his way inside. He is extra cheeky today — way to give Jungkook an easy time.

And the food.

God, the food.

He made lasagna and kimbap rolls with side dishes. He even brought banana milk 'cuz he remembered (again) that it was Jungkook's favorite.

Jungkook is this close to throwing a tantrum. It's not fair. 

"Love it that much?" Jimin teases, serving him a little bit of everything and putting the plate in front of Jungkook carefully, a kind smile on his face when Jungkook deadpans at him. "What?"

Jungkook shakes his head in incredulity. 

"Are you some type of cooking god, Jimin hyung?"

Jimin's eyes widen in surprise, the man laughing heartily at Jungkook's nonsensical words. "What are you saying... I just have practice," he blushes, focusing on his plate to brush past the attention. 

"Did you go to a baking school or something?" Jungkook asks curiously, cutting his piece of lasagna.

"No!" Jimin chuckles. "I get by alone, I eventually got the hang of it."

Yeah... points for Jungkook who lives alone too and knows nothing further than the basics. 

"When do you know you are good at cooking?" Jungkook asks leisurely, chewing on his first bite. He might pass out from how good it tastes.

Jimin throws him an amused look, nevertheless giving his question a thought. "When you can make delicious rice."

Jungkook peers. "I thought rice was one of the easiest dishes to make?"

Jimin shakes his head, humming in peak disapproval. "Not at all. There are so many points you gotta get right. The amount of water, the heat, the type of rice, the pan... Many people fail at making good rice."

Jungkook nods, his focus redirecting to Jimin's cooking. This is utter delicacy. He wishes he can be this good one day — for the ones who didn't notice yet by the way, Jungkook decided to start cooking his own food now.

Their dinner is nothing short of fun. Jungkook thought it would be awkward, or at least unnatural, but it's everything but. Jimin always keeps a conversation going, making Jungkook laugh with his silly jokes and ministrations, to the point that Jungkook finds himself daydreaming about him again.

It's so not fair.

"Hey, Jungkook-ah!' Jimin calls him from the kitchen as Jungkook is piling up as many plates as possible to carry them there with minimal come-goes. "Do you wanna go for a walk?"