Chapter 1: Basketball

Michiru bounced the basketball on the court, jumping side to side and threw the ball into the hoop, bouncing to Shirou's feet.

"Oh! Shirou-san!" Michiru said with a warm smile.

"Is your shoulder better?" He questioned.

"Yeah it is," she answered.

Shirou smiled and tossed the ball back to her, she caught it in mid-air, jumped and threw it into the hoop. She clung to the rim with her right hand.

"See?" Michiru said as she jumped down.

"Sorry for all the trouble," Shirou apologized.

"It wasn't your fault," She proclaimed.

"You know that the beastman disease cure is almost ready for you. Nazuna and you can go home and see your parents again." He noted.

Shirou's eyebrows furrowed. For some reason he felt unhappy about this. He wanted her to stay.
She hasn't even said whether she's staying or not.
Mirichu didn't seem to notice.

"I want to stay the way I am. I like this version of me. There's more I need to do here, I'm not quite sure yet. Plus I don't want to leave all the friends I made here." She continued while keeping continuous eye contact.

His heartbeat quickened when she said she didn't want to leave her friends.
Am I her friend?
He dismissed the thought. It shouldn't matter to him, he has bigger problems to worry about.

"Hey I'm pretty hungry, are you Shirou-san?" She asked.

"Actually, I'm not certain I've had a good meal since Nazuna's concert." He said smoothly. He wondered why he was getting so happy about a possible lunch with Michiru.

"Hey Mirichu!" Nazuna shouted.

Shirou saw how her eyes lit up when she heard that. She spun towards Nazuna.
He felt a little disheartened, she didn't react that way when he talked to her.
Stop.
He emotionally locked his heart. He didn't want to get too attached to someone. He thought of all his comrades that died.
Breathe.
He told himself. He was getting to emotional, his mind a whirlwind of unwanted memories.

"Do you want to have lunch with us?"
Nazuna asked. She was with the kids from the slum.

Shirou knew they hadn't made plans yet to get lunch. So it wouldn't be rude to go with Nazuna and basically ditch him.

"Mabye some other time! I already have plans!" She said, looking at Nazuna longingly.
I'm so glad we're friends again.
She thought.

"Oh... Um ok!" Nazuna waved and left.

Michiru turned to shirou,"let's go?"
She held out her hand, Shirou was confused but took it anyway.
She threw him up in the air. He panicked,
was he wrong to trust her?
Is this a cruel joke?
Before he could do anything, Shirou fell on Mirichu's feathery back.
I guess we're flying to the café.
He sat up, put his feet behind her wings and rested his hands on her shoulders.
I'll let her surprising me slide this time.
It was nice to have some physical contact.

He smiled," Where to Michiru?"

She exhaled in relief, she was so glad that Shirou wasn't mad. She really risked it there.

"I found a new cafe near the edge of Anima City. I think it's called 'Cat Cafe'. I didn't really look into it, but if it's anything like the ones from where I used to go with Nazuna, it going to be fun!" She beamed.

Shirou paused," I'm not sure you know what a cat café is Michiru."

______
___
_

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
I dont own any of the photos, so credit to whoever made it. :)
I update every week!