"Oh, okay, I got it. I got it." The petite man says as he guides the two of them into the sole table free from the devices the scientist tweaks to pass time. They sit side by side; Jakurai makes sure he leans on Ramuda for the purpose of sharing his body temperature with this small being.

"So, how's your health?" Ramuda asks, pretending to be nonchalant as he takes another bite of his meal.

"Not bad but not getting good either." Ramuda knows he lies. The increasing amount of lavender hair underneath the Doctor's ashen ones hints how sick he is right now. "How about you, Ramuda-kun? Are you feeling cold?"

"Nope." Now it's him who lies. The truth is he can feel the frozen icicles of blood scratching and straining his organs with every movement. "I feel veeeeery, very warm because Jakurai is here." He puts his plate on the table then wraps his arms on the elder man. "Jakurai is my heater after all!"

"Ramuda-kun, I am not a heater." Jakurai says but still humors him by putting his arms on Ramuda's shoulders. There's a happy twinkle in his eyes. More than the artificial heat, that sparkle is the only thing that keeps Ramuda's heart from totally freezing.

He'll absolutely, definitely, take Jakurai away from this place... towards Stella.

//

The first time Ramuda met Jakurai was in a lab accident. He was building a rocket ship that time when a miscalculation on his end caused the whole thing to explode. And of course, the injury he got was far worse than the rest of the team as his body is the most vulnerable, even sending him to the doors of afterlife. Being the only Doctor around in the whole building, it was Jakurai who revived him.

Ramuda thought it was gratitude at first. He kept bugging the good Doctor to hang out with him but Jakurai always declines him. But he never gave up. Giving up, succumbing to other people's will to be exact is something uncharacteristic of Ramuda. Through sheer persistence, okay, blackmailing, Jakurai finally agreed to go out with him.

But as they talked and talked, they mutually considered each other interesting -- Jakurai with wildness underneath his never ending sophistication and Ramuda with his deviousness underneath his childishness. Complementing each other the way no one, even them, imagined, they instantly became joined at the hip.

Even the storm of ice that killed their home was unable to separate the two. Nothing will.

Now that they're dealing with the aftermath of the storm, Ramuda works on building their escape ship out of the materials available in the facility where they took shelter while Jakurai focuses on their nutrition, providing them with meals that ensure their survival for as long as their supplies allow.

A smooth and perfectly round drop makes a clacking sound inside Ramuda's mouth syncs perfectly as his fingers glide over this crystalline keyboard. The candy's taste is still a little bit too bland for him yet he still compliments Jakurai for constantly improving the taste. Jakurai's specie only eats once a month so it's almost only Ramuda who needs food. He just asked the Doctor to make him candies for fun, which he never expected Jakurai would take seriously.