"Straight. Yo' son wit' Nino, we gon get him lata' on," he told her.

"Lata'? Why? We got plans now?" she checked her phone as they continued on their journey.

"Mhm," he nodded, not really sure how she'd react to him saying this so suddenly. "We finna get you a car,"

"A car?!" she asked incredulously, looking over at him.

"A car," he nodded.

"Yasir! You sayin' it like its sum' normal—'oh we finna get you a car'—that's not normal! That's a lot of money!" she ranted, making him shake his head laughing silently.

"I could buy you fo' cars if I wanted ta' do dat," he told her. Sometimes he didn't think she realized what he was working with. And if she did, she forgot very often.

"That's yo' money Yasir,"

"And Ima spend it how I wanna spend it. If dat mean I wanna spend it on you, Ima do dat," he continued to speak in his normal calm tone, while Na'imah was on ten.

"Yasir, I-I'on deserve allat, you'on gotta do dat fa' me," she stumbled over her words. He could see her old disposition creep up on her in the way she was acting and the way she was responding.

"Na'imah stop playin' wit' me," he said firmly, making her head snap back up to him. "I said I love you right? I know I told you dat,"

"Yes, I know you love me, Yasir," she replied timidly.

"Aight den. Don't sit up in my face and tell me you'on deserve somethin' when I know you do—more than a li' fuckin car," it was his turn to rant as the reached a red light. He turned to face her inching closer to her grabbing her face in his hand so he'd look at her. "You said you know I love you right?"

"Mhm," she nodded.

"Den act like it Nana. Lemme get dis fa' you. You deserve dat shit, Princess," he spoke softer now. "You deserve every fuckin thing in the world I promise you dat li' shit I give you ain' nun. You hea' me?"

As she was about to answer, she noticed a green light.

"U-um, the light green Papa," she said.

"I'on give a fuck. You heard what I said?"

"Yeah, I heard you," she nodded. He searched her eyes for a second before kissing her, and letting her go, smashing the gas. She couldn't help the small smile on her face after that.

They'd been at the dealership for a little while now, while Yasir talked to the salesman, Na'imah was looking out of the wide windows at all the cars, in awe that one of these would be hers

They'd been at the dealership for a little while now, while Yasir talked to the salesman, Na'imah was looking out of the wide windows at all the cars, in awe that one of these would be hers. That she could drive whenever she wanted to, not having to wait on Yasir or Sev.

"Bae, we finna look at some, come on," Yasir spoke, grabbing her smaller hand and leading her outside. She looked around at all the cars they were passing, and since she hadn't been listening at all to Yasir's conversation with the man, she didn't know what they were about to look at.