Fleeing Into the Night

7/9/20
Notes: Takes place only weeks after Toy Story 3, I just wanted an excuse to listen to "Parting Gifts & New Horizons, I promise I'll write something happier next time I'm sorry

You had been waiting ages for the perfect chance to flee. The small margin of time where you'd finally be able to free yourself from the confusing maze you had become trapped in. The prime opportunity to rid yourself of the boring, repetitive life that had started to creep upon you.

Once again, your life had become bleak and dreary. A portion of your past was undoubtedly becoming your reality, just as you had feared for all of eternity. You realized that fact only days after Andy handed you and the others over to Bonnie. All it took was that one spot on the dresser to become your permanent resting grounds.

Bonnie's parents forbade her from so much as touching you. The child's mother, although knowing very well the choice Andy had made for himself, knew that he truly would come back for his toys one day. Whether it be because he wanted them back after college or because he finally had children of his own, she firmly believed he would come back.

A ripped arm full of stuffing could be sewn back together, a missing accessory could easily be overlooked. Batteries could always be replaced, chipping and scratches could easily be painted over. But a broken porcelain doll? Especially one that was no longer found in any stores nor anywhere online? Unfixable, undesirable, and permanently erased from existence. A part of Andy that he would never again be able to regain if this were to happen.

On Bonnie's dresser you sat ever since Andy finally drove away, disappearing from sight as he left for college. Although initially upset, Bonnie quickly forgot about you. She left you on the dresser without another word, never even sparing a glance. You didn't exist to her.... Just as you expected. Just as you knew from the very start, the second Andy physically handed you to her. It was happening again, a daughter wanting to have you but at the same time leaving you all alone on a perch in fear of breaking you.

And so, when Bonnie left with her parents on a weekend vacation, the very first time you actually felt ready to really give up and and leave after so many weeks of just sitting around, you did just that.

You waited until nightfall, the last night the toys would be free to run and talk without any worry of Bonnie bursting into her room. They would be back early the next morning, only a few hours away in fact. You just wanted those two fulls days for yourself, to be with your friends one last time. And now that they were over, off into the night you would go. Without anyone noticing, without a single word.

Removing yourself from the dresser top, you carefully floated over to the bed with the help of your trusty parasol and a solid running start. Trying to refrain from looking at your oblivious friends as they slept in peace, you crept over to the small table standing at the bedside. You climbed up onto the windowsill, looking through the window's glass at the clear, starry night sky that awaited you.

Your porcelain fingers gently came to rest on the glass both in anticipation and longing for your fresh start. However, before you could bring yourself to open the window, you couldn't resist the urge to look at your friends one last time.

Everyone was asleep at the foot of the bed, almost in a pile over one another. You first glanced between the ones you weren't close to, like Bonnie's toys, the Potato Heads, thr aliens, the like. You then looked between your better friends like Rex and Slinky. Lastly, you looked at your other halves. Bullseye, Jessie, and Buzz.

And right in the middle of them all was the courageous cowboy himself. Your heart had been calling out to Woody's for years now, but it seemed like the call was always unheard if not flat out ignored. But you sensed his heart always calling out to Bo's. He never gave up on her. Correction, he still hasn't given up on her.

Woody x Reader Oneshots (DISCONTINUED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें