Snow Day!

3/12/20
Requested by : @acowboynamedsoda
Notes : Takes place after Toy Story 3; Pretend Bonnie had already started kindergarten before the events of Toy Story 4

"Wait for it...." You mumbled aloud with a smirk on your face. With your ear placed against the door to Bonnie's bedroom, the rest of the child's toys waited eagerly to hear the news. Some toys really couldn't help themselves, such as Woody, Jessie, and Dolly, and they were pressed up against the door also.

"There's no way it's gonna happen." Potato Head rolled his eyes, crossing his arms in a huff. "We all know it never happens! The kids want it, it doesn't happen. They can't afford to miss something, it happens."

Jessie then shushed everyone, "Shh! I can hear the phone ringing!"

Silence filled the room. The entire house fell silent, actually. The soft voice of Bonnie's mother was barely audible as she spoke to the person on the other end of the phone. Seconds passed. Then, all of a sudden, a loud shriek was heard. "SNOW DAY!"

"SNOW DAY!" The majority of Bonnie's toys cheered, sounding just as excited as the little girl herself. Everyone jumped for joy and loud laughter broke out into the room. However, it was cut short when Bonnie came running up to her room. The toys scrambled back to their positions just before the girl burst through her door, running around as she gathered her snow clothes.

Once she was finished, she left the room. Of course, she didn't forget to say, "Bye, toys!" Eventually, the sound of the front door closing arose, followed by the sound of car doors, then a car engine that slowly faded away. "Come on, everyone!" Woody declared. "Time to have a snow day!"

You smiled, giddily humming to yourself as you skipped around the room. Making your way to the dollhouse, you put on your Mrs. Santa outfit that Bonnie had bought for you a few weeks prior, and you also wrapped a lovely scarf around your neck that the child had messily made herself. Don't tell anyone, but you also "borrowed" a pair snow boots and mittens from one of the dolls.

"Well, now don't you look prepared!" Woody smiled at you when you made your way over to him. You were surprised to see him wearing his Santa outfit over his sewn-on clothing. He would be fine with his cowboy boots, and he didn't bother with any scarves or mittens either.

"I could say the same about you." You returned his warm smile.

He tipped his cowboy hat to you then took your gloved hands into his. "Shall I accompany you outside, Mrs. Claus?"

Giggling at his joke, you played along and replied with, "Why, that would be lovely, Mr. Claus." You linked your arms with the Sheriff and allowed him to lead you outside into the cold yet beautiful world. The snow sparkled in the faint sunlight and tiny, puffy snowflakes gently fell to the ground all around you.

Most of Bonnie's toys were already in the midst of having a blast by the time you two got out there. The more rambunctious ones were having snowball fights, while some of the more laid back ones were making tiny snowmen or snow angels. Bullseye, being the majestic creature he is, was running around and face-diving into snow mounds. Buzz and Jessie were dancing together in the snow, and Rex and Trixie were playing....well, dinosaurs.

"It's so beautiful out today." You hummed with a laugh as Bullseye leaped into another pile of snow, sending a flurry of fluff flying everywhere. "The snow is just breathtaking."

"Speaking of 'beautiful' and 'breathtaking,'" Woody began, turning to you with a warm smile as he took your hands into his once more, "I have something very beautiful to show the breathtaking girl standing in front of me."

You could've swore you felt a warm sensation come bursting to your cheeks. "Oh, Woody. You shouldn't joke about that."

Woody looked you straight in the eyes with a serious expression. "I'm not joking, (Y/N). Now come on!" He pulled you away from all of your friends as they continued to play on the front lawn, taking you around to the backyard. When he started to cross over the fence, you grew worried.