Chapter 10

(Pony's POV)

             "Oh my god, Dallas..." Maddie pulled away from him. We all started kind of softly laughing, mostly in relief. We all gathered down on the floor around them and got into a group hug. It had been months since all six of us were at Bre's house together. Rose stood up, giving Bre a frightened look. "Oh, yeah," Bre said as she stood up and stepped aside to stand next to Rose. Bre held her hand in a sign of comfort towards the terrified girl. Bre looked at Maddie and motioned her head towards the stairs. Maddie nodded her head and stood up. "Doll, what's going?" Dal asked as he stood up next to Maddie. "We have a little bit of explaining to do. Come on, let's go," Maddie replied. The six of us headed upstairs and into Bre's bedroom.

              As we sat down on Bre's bed, the girls sitting near the headboard and us sitting at the foot of the bed across from them. Rose took a deep breath, her chest puffing out. "Okay, I'll go first. Johnny, I'm...well you see," She started stuttering and was having difficulty talking. "Rose, it's okay. Just breathe," Bre said as she put her arm around the girls shoulder for comfort. "Right, right." Rose took a deep breath. "Johnny, I'm pregnant...with your baby," Rose closed her eyes and turned away. Though I wish she didn't because the look on Johnny's face was amazing.

               "Rose, are you serious? I get to be a dad?" He embraced her in a hug then kissed her on the forehead. Rose looked up at him, "You're not mad?" she said with a confused tone, Johnny gave her a sweet look, "Mad? No, of course not. I will cherish and love our child forever." But I think the funniest thing that happened in that moment was when Dally fist-bumped Johnny's shoulder and told him, "Ay, good job man," and then winked at him.

                 "Ok, I really hate to change the mood, but we have a LOT of explaining to do, so strap in," Maddie said as she stopped hugging Rose. "Boys, this will be pretty long so just hang tight. I, Rose, and Bre will take turns, but I'll go first." And just like that, Maddie began talking.

                  "Johnny and Dally, I'll be explaining your deaths. I know we tried to earlier on, but we got distracted. So after Darry hit Pony that night, Johnny and Pone went to the park to help Pony calm down. They were jumped by Bob Sheldon, Randy Anderson, and a couple of other Socs. Half of the Socs got Johnny to the ground and the rest began drowning Pony. In a frantic, Johnny pulled out his switchblade and stabbed Bob Seldon, which killed him of course. That action made the other Socs flee.

                   Johnny was scared that they were going to get caught by the fuzz, so they went to Dal for help. Dallas, you gave them money, a gun, and a hideout spot in an abandoned church on Jay Mountain. Johnny and Pony ran away there, Dallas being the only person to know where they are.". "They spent a couple of days there until Dallas came up and checked on them. He took them to lunch, but when they got back the church was on fire. Pony ran in to save a couple of little kids. Johnny followed him in. They saved the kids, but Johnny ended up getting a bad burn all over his body and stayed in the hospital. A rumble happened, the greasers winning-"

                    "-Of course we did," Dally interrupted. Maddie rolled her eyes at him and continued, "Dallas took Pony to the hospital to see Johnny. When they arrived, Johnny told Pony to 'Stay Gold' then passed away. In anger, Dally ran away and pulled a fake gun on a group of cops, and was shot to death."

                   Maddie was out of breath from talking that whole time, so she was panting a little. Johnny looked frightened after Maddie finished, Dallas had more of a confused look on his face. "Would I really die because of Johnny?" Dally questioned, Maddie raised an eyebrow at him, but in a funny way. Rose's eyes drifted over to Johnny, "Johnny, are you okay baby?" He swallowed before talking, "Yeah I guess, it's just that, I killed someone?" It was pretty crazy, I mean if you just look at Johnny, he certainly doesn't look like he could kill anyone. Rose leaned over and hugged him, putting a soft smile on his face.

                "Well I think it's time we explain HOW went back in time." Bre said as Rose pulled away from Johnny. The girls nodded to Bre as to say 'begin'."Well after Johnny and Dally died, these two-" Bre pointed to Maddie and Rose, "-were completely crushed. They were spending all their time here and were doing basically nothing except crying and sleeping all day.

                I felt so bad for them and wished I could go back in time to fix things. So I did. I started to look into different types of time travel. I picked up a book from the library, remember, 'Mechanics and History of Time Travel.' I looked through different ways, then I came across 'Ball-out Time Travel'. I went to the closest hardware store and bought some materials so I could build the machine that it specified. I spent that whole day putting parts together. The way it works is that once it's built, you say the names that you want to go back in time for or who you're bringing back, then you select how far back you wanna go, 6 months being the farthest you can go. Then it takes you back.

               You can only go back 5 times, then you have to wait a year before doing it again. You only have an hour before everyone must go back, or else you're killed. The machine tracks you and where you walk, then spreads the balls around (the ones you need to collect before going back)." Bre was breathing heavy, I mean she did say all that with only taking a couple breaths. "Don't worry Bre, I got the last part" Rose said as she patted her shoulder. She breathed in, then began

            "We were all ecstatic that Bre got it working, and later that day we attempted it for the first time. We selected 2:58am on the day that Pony and Johnny ran away. We hid behind some bushes and waited for Pony and Johnny to come running down that road. They made the decision to walk to the park and started heading that way. We realized we were too late and wouldn't be able to stop them. We hadn't walked far and quickly found our red balls. We were then taken to the future, and that was marked fail number 1."

               She stopped for a second, and it clicked for me. That flash WAS taking me back to the future. "Pony, we did have something to do with what happened to you, but we didn't want to worry you about it. So when Bre rushed you out of the house, it was because we needed to go back in time again. We used the machine once again after you left, and that time it worked. And that brings us to the present day." It all made sense now, everything that had happened. I think everyone was glad we were all safe. Maddie climbed into Dallas's arms, then Rose and Bre did the same Johnny and I. I wished it could stay like that forever