Chapter 3 - Sakonji Urokodaki

About a month after my brothers' funeral, it was time for us to travel to meet our new teacher. Beside a few clothes to change, not much was necessary.
By now, our father has healed enough to join the journey with all of us and our mother.

Once everyone was ready, we set out. Apparently, this person lives on mount Sagiri, and that's where we're all heading. The trip wasn't very long. Only taking a few stops in random towns for shelter.
After walking through a path surrounded by dirt, we walked down a path that supposedly led to Urokodaki's home. At the end of the path, there it was. Just a random house in the woods, but it did look pretty maintained on the outside. Following behind our parents, i heard my father take in a deep breath before knocking on the door.
It slowly opened and out of the shadows came an old looking man with a ... goblin mask? It caught me off guard at first glance and i flinched at the strange sight.
"(Father's name). It's been so long since I've last seen you." He said
"It sure has. See, I brought my family along with me. These are...my children."
Urokodaki didn't know about me and my siblings' existences. This was his first time meeting us.
"I had no idea you had children. It's very nice to meet you. I suppose your father has mentioned me before." He extended his hand to shake mine.
I shook hands with him and bowed her head.
He then did the same with your sisters. When he got to my brother, he saw the condition of his left eye, and asked what happened to it. He froze for a moment, then looked to my father.
He cleared his throat and walked over to the goblin man.
"Um, we needed to talk to you about something important. Could we go inside?" he asked.
The goblin man nodded his head, gesturing for us all to follow him in his house.
My parents had us all wait in another room in the house while they sat down to speak to him in the main room.
"So what is it you needed to tell me?" Urokodaki asked.
My father took in a deep breath of air before telling him everything.

He explained everything to him, and why they came here to his house. When they were finished, the man nodded.
"I see. I'm very sorry about your sons. May their souls rest in peace.
As for your remaining children, I will gladly help them." He said.
Both my parents were extremely grateful. They thanked him wholeheartedly, then went into the other room to inform us of this news.

Atsumi (y/n/OC) POV

I've been sitting in this room for almost an hour now, waiting for my parents to be done talking with Urokodaki . Then I heard footsteps coming over to the door. My mother and father entered.
"So... What is it?" I asked.
Father smiled and said, " he's gonna be your teacher from now on. You'll be staying here for a while until you ready enough to enter final selection."
"So, you and mom are leaving now? "
They nodded.
My mother came over and hugged me tightly. This was is the last time we'd be seeing them for...who knows how long?
Everyone else said their good-byes as i shared my with our father.

I waved while watching the backs of my parents walked up the hill, getting further and further away. Once they were completely gone, a hand rested on my shoulder.
"Hopefully, you'll be able to see them again in the future." The goblin man spoke. "Let's go inside. "

That night he made us all some hot pot. Once we were done, we thanked him for his kindess and he had everyone sleep in the room we were in earlier.
"Goodnight. And, thank you," my brother said to him as he stood in the doorframe.
"Of course. Goodnight."