I. Dissatisfaction

> Y/N - Your name

I hit the brakes violently, avoiding by a few hairs hitting the car that had tried to overtake me knowing how little space there was in this incredibly messy main road. I held in a curse and took a deep breath, trying to calm down my panicky heart that was beating unevenly. The two passengers whined in the back seat, two young women with a lot of shiny jewelry hanging on them and fluffy coats.

I rolled my eyes as I slowly started the car again, there were still a lot of car honks going off, I couldn't believe I had picked Yorknew to start a new life and ended up like this.

What a stupid idea had it been... Oh Yorknew has a lot of auctions so there must be so many interesting people and it will be easy to make money. Yeah right?! No. Here I was, after two years being a taxi driver. Tired of seeing people. Tired of the city of Yorknew. Tired of driving. So bored but with no money to escape this place for something better. Childish dreams of mafia adventures and money being wiped away from my mind in my first month, yet I held out for two years. Two whole years... The traffic was always horrible, people didn't seem to have an understanding of safe driving and no one interesting ever needed a taxi ride somewhere.

My disillusionment ate me up, leaving only resentment and a dumb pride that held on. I seemed to be unable to swallow it and return to my parents. Proving them right was worse than holding on...

"I heard the Underground Auction happens today." One of the women shrilled excitedly, oh yes... Fresh meat drawn by the promises of fake dreams. I dropped them off by the shopping district, taking a few very scrunched papers that they called money and some coins.

Bitterness washed over me as I parked my worn-down taxi near the apartment building and skipped over the creaky old stairs until I had reached the 4th floor, ready to sleep my heart's out. It wasn't late but I was taking a double shift tomorrow to be able to take the 3rd and some other days off, mostly so I didn't have to drive in the ruckus of the auction days.

I couldn't handle it. From today on, it would only get worse. Lord, the first days of September... were vicious.

I struggled with the key to unlock the door to my shared apartment, maybe Reah had made something tasty. She was an amazing cook. I walked into the tiny kitchen/living room, making sure to lock the door behind me, my mood only got worse as there was no delicious food on the counter. I tossed my F/C bag onto the couch and mumbled some curses as I walked to my room, flunking on the bed, ready to quit this day.

My chunky phone buzzed, dragging me out of my well-deserved nap, a low grunt left my lips as I struggled to find it. When my hands finally found it, trapped under the covers, I sighed clicking the button and raising the phone to my ear.

"Y/N!" Old man Falco's voice chimed, "Remember when you said you wanted to double shift tomorrow and skip the 3rd?"

I felt my whole world sink, he was going to make me work the 3rd, I felt it in my guts. God! What a bad day this was. "Yeah... What about it?"

"It's not possible you'll have to work until the 5th. I'll give you your days off after." I took a deep breath, of course it had to be worse...

"Fine." I muttered, hanging up immediately after.

One look around my small messy room, a lazy search for my uniform. My bed was undone, F/C covers attempting some origami art, my bedside table had a small lamp, my phone, my cards and a green apple that Reah had left there. My tiny closet had a door open showing the mirror on the inside and the not so well folded clothes on what couldn't be described as stacks.

I picked the apple and took a bite, as the front door creaked open, I ran to the living room to greet Reah and complain about my life.

The second of September went by quickly, thankfully. Apparently, there was a big mess with the mafia, someone stealing (or trying to at least) the very expensive things to be auctioned, perhaps? I could only wish to be a smart thief and get just enough to live comfortably in a small rural town next to the sea. I was so done with traffic. No more cars.

It was on the third that things turned into absolute fuckery. I resignedly drove a blue haired girl, in a thin white strap dress, to the Cemetery building, where the Underground Auction would be taking place under very high security measures. She didn't seem to have any way to get through those, but I didn't say anything. As long as she paid me when I dropped her off, things were good. We reached the gate where the policeman were scanning tickets and she didn't have one, as expected, I turned around and left her nearby. Wondering if she'd be alright but then she walked into a car with a really hot man driving it, so I let her be, and joined the unbelievable line to leave that place. It was already time to go home, the sun had set when I left the blue haired girl, who gave a very generous tip. Thirty minutes later I was still stuck in traffic but farther away from the building when everything started exploding.

All cars stopped, as we watched the large flames rising up against the night sky, accompanied by a melody of gun shots and thunderous explosions. If I had taken longer, I'd be stuck there. The thought haunted me.

Left to die in the flames of whatever was causing that. I heard it was the infamous Phantom Troupe the day before, could they really burn a place to the ground like that?

A shiver went up my spine as I sighed, knowing it'd take so long to get home, and I couldn't leave the taxi there, in the middle of the road.

Art By: namusw on DeviantArt / namusw00 on Twitter/ namusw.tumblr.com / Pixiv ID 13289148

> Author's Note:

Hello lovelies~ Here is the starting point of this new story~~

I know it's a bit boring, but I do have to set up the things a little bit.