( xvi ) ♡ 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐡?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well... we have nothing to talk about, Dwight. Just do your work. While you still can." Willow felt her eyes widen at the last statement.

"What does 'while you still can' mean?" Willow asked. She began chewing on her nail, anxious.

After a few minutes of pacing around, Michael faced the office as to make an announcement.

"Listen up, everybody, I have some news. We are screwed. Dunder-Mifflin, Scranton is being shut down." 

"What?" Willow gasped.

"Michael, uh, we shouldn't be talking about this until all the decisions have been made." Toby scolded silently.

"You knew about this all along, didn't you?"

"Jan told me just a few minutes before she told you."

"Traitor. You are a traitor."

"What about us, Michael? Do we still have jobs?" Angela asked. Willow could not find it in her to scoff or roll her eyes at Angela like usual; all she was worried about was her job.

"I don't know. Probably not. This is the worst."

"Well, now I know what 'while you still can' means. I don't think it's gonna be easy for me to get a job with little experience and a shitty art degree. So Michael's right. I think I'm screwed." Willow said as she threw her hands up.

"Alright, listen up. Some of you may have heard some rumors about the branch closing. But, I am not going to take this lying down. I have a plan and I am going to save our jobs. So just hang in there," Michael announced as he jogged out of his office. Pointing to Dwight he said: "Let's go."

"Yes!" Dwight cheered as he grabbed his briefcase and followed Michael out.

"Oh, good. You're bringing Dwight." Pam sneered. Willow looked over to reception and sighed.

"Yes. This might get ugly. I need backup." Michael continued.

"Don't kill anyone." Willow called out as the two left the office.

"Only if necessary!" Dwight exclaimed.

"No!" Willow giggled. She turned back to her computer, still smiling slightly to herself. 

Willow missed those little moments she shared with Dwight. In a way, she sort of regretted confessing to him back during the Casino Night four months ago. If she hadn't done that, maybe she would not resent him as much as she did currently. However, like her brother, she felt she had to say something so it would not fester inside of her for years to come. But, of course, it blew up in her face. And now she was bitter as ever.

Seeing as there was no point in working due to the recent events, Willow left her desk and went over to reception. "Hey, I don't wanna work."

"Me neither. But what are we gonna do all day?" Pam asked.

"Computer games?"

"Of course!" Willow walked back to her desk and rolled her chair over to reception. Pam scooted over a bit to make room for Willow in front of the computer. 

"Freecell?"

"As always." Pam pulled up the game and the two began to play.