Chapter 2

Callum woke up to the sounds of birds chirping outside his window. Being in Katolis again felt good. It felt like he was finally and truely home. After their long journey across the world, returning Zym to his mother, all their hard work had finally payed off. Callum learnt Sky Magic, met all kinds of different mages, defeated the forces of evil, with the help of friends of course. It was never an easy task, but it was defiantly worth it. He heard someone knocking on the door. "Come in!" He called sleepily, yawning loudly. King Ezran, Callum's young half brother, walked through the door. "Hey Callum, Rayla." He nodded to each of them. Callum looked over at Rayla's bed. She looked evidently irritated. Ever since coming to Katolis, Rayla was the only one who didn't seem at peace. She looked unsettled and worried, always on alert. She was fiddling with her blades, looking extremely tired. Ezran sat on the edge of Callum's bed, the morning light reflecting off his crown. "I need to ask of a favour." He said, turning to Rayla. "Can you come over here as well?" Rayla looked up. "Hmm?" She got up, dropped her blades on her bed, and walked over, sitting down beside Ezran and Callum. "Soren has fallen very ill over night." Ezran started, trying to sound bold, but his voice was shaking. "Last night, we were fighting off some strange creatures from Xadia. They must have bitten Soren." Rayla gasped, and Callum sat up. "The invasion? But... Soren was inside during that, protecting the gates!" Ezran shook his head. "I ordered him to come outside after we finished fighting them off. He said if he saw anymore, he'd help fight them..." Rayla stood up, grabbed her blades and sat down again, annoyance plastered on her face. "Why must Soren create another problem." She muttered grumpily, but there was worry in her eyes. Callum rested on hand on her shoulder, and she seemed to calm slightly. She shot him a small, yet grateful glance. "I need you guys to go fetch a cure. I was reading about an ancient cure somewhere in the forest, and I'm sure Rayla knows it. I want Callum to go with her for protection." Rayla rolled her eyes and nudged Ezran gently. "You know the ferocious, sword-stabbing elf needs no protection." She said playfully. Ezran looked over at Callum. "I know I can trust you to stop any humans from attacking her. I know we are at peace, but I don't know how many humans with bad history will follow that rule. Keep her safe."  Callum nodded. "Of course, your royal majesty." He said with a grin. Ezran rolled his eyes and got up. "Don't play around. I'm serious." He said, but there was amusement in his eyes. He walked out of the room. Rayla sighed. "I know about the cure, but I'm not sure if Katolis has it. We may need to travel further if there is any help of saving Soren." She got up and paved around the room, her face deep in concentration. "A Shadowwolf bite is deadly, and possibly fatal. If we are going to save Soren, we need to go now."

(I hope you enjoyed the chapter everyone! Feel free to vote if you enjoyed, and comment your thoughts!)

~Next chapter date: 17th Of July