Hello, love

(Takes place after the events of the staircase scene. Like two years or so I guess. Ya, that's it. Minor angst)

(Includes minor swearing because angst)

"Mega! Get your sorry ass into my office right now or you will be fired." Cynthia's voice rang through the halls surrounding her office. Curt sniggered and made his way to Cynthia's office. As soon as he stepped inside, he saw a face. One all too familiar for his liking. The slight smile on his face dropped immediately. 

"Hello, love." The man said in an accent that made Curt's heart hurt. He made a move to embrace Curt but Curt backed away from the man immediately. A look of hurt washed over the man's face but he quickly composed himself.

"O-Owen?" Curt managed to croak out.

"That would be me." He said in response, slightly confused.

"How are you here? Your dead."

"Well, I'm standing right here so I don't think I am." Owen chuckled, hoping to get one out of Curt also.

"No. No, I killed you. I watched you die."

"Well, it certainly seems you didn't."

"No, I most certainly did. I shot you in the head. We destroyed everything. Tati, Barb, Me. We destroyed it all."

"I don't know what you're talking about, love."

"Don't call me that."

"Ok? Curt, what's going on?" Owen went to grab his hand but Curt recoiled once more.

"I gotta go," Curt said quickly and walked straight out of the room. He walked and walked until he found his friend.

"Curt? What happened in there." Tati asked him in her thick Russian accent.

"Owen." Was all he managed to get out.

"Owen?" 

"Yeah. He was in there. Jolly as could be. No bullet wound, no nothing."

"That's awfully suspicious."

"Isn't it. I just don't understand. This is the second time this has happened. What the hell?"

"SLOZHNO. MEGA. OFFICE." Cynthia's voice rang throughout the halls again. Curt groaned and slowly got up from his seat. Tatiana followed, eyeing Curt to make sure he was ok. The two entered the room and again, Owen was there but, so was Cynthia. She wasn't there the first time. Owen was sitting in a chair in a corner and perked up as he saw Curt enter but slumped back down when he saw Tatiana enter. Tatiana shot him a glare and he didn't know why. He hadn't ever seen her before. The thing that really got him was when she grabbed Curt's hand and gave it a squeeze. Curt gave her a thankful look and they went to sit down. Owen's heart sank as low as his mucked up shoes 

"Ahh. Tatiana. Mega. How nice of you to join me." Cynthia sneered.

"You asked us to." Curt pointed out.

"Shut your traphole, Mega. Anyway, you two have an assignment." At those words, Owen perked up again. He was half expecting Cynthia to be talking about him. After all, he had heard those words so many times before. "You have to go to a ball, disguise yourselves as a married couple, and then get some files. Now don't screw up or there will be consequences."

"Got it. Thank's Cynthia."

"Ready partner?" Tatiana asked him.

"Ready partner," Curt responded with a slight chuckle. They did that before every mission together. That's what made Owen's heart hurt the most. He was Curt's partner. Or at least he thought he was. Seeing those two together and happy made his blood boil. He didn't know why it just did.