𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: meeting the one who can manipulate time too (?)

Start from the beginning

sitting on his desk he forces himself to look into the events to occur in one week's time.

but when he saw death and destruction he realised he looked a bit too far into the future.

a chill struck him to the core when he realised that those visions he's had for the past few nights were going to come true in only a weeks time.

his curiosity was itching him to go back and to further analyse what was going to happen in that week. but hongjoong knew better than to look too far into the future. he'd read in his father's journal that knowing too much about the future would cause it to change.

possibly for the better, but more likely for the worst.

the second law of thermodynamics states that things get more disordered as time goes on. and hongjoong definitely didn't want a future worse than the one he had a mere glance at, so he shoves the curiosity away in favour of his original task at hand.

he quickly removes himself from the future and comes back to the present.

his mind suddenly started spinning, hongjoong feeling really lightheaded after exerting himself more than he had been previously. he hadn't done that in a while, looking into the future that is. it drained him more than he remembered.

grabbing a square of chocolate from the jar on his desk, he lets the warmth of his mouth melt the chocolate, sucking on the slowly disappearing piece of candy before continuing again.

he only had to look 24 hours in advance to get a clear picture of seonghwa.

the scene in front of him made him shiver. an ominous excitement hanging over the frozen scene. the amount of information that leached out of this one snapshot of the future made hongjoong unbelievably uncomfortable. he didn't even dare try and unpause the moment he had chosen to look at, because he had a sinking feeling that knowing any more information may cause the future to change into something that he didn't want.

all 8 of his cluster (that thought alone was enough to make hongjoong uncomfortable) were at their training room, everyone busy fighting and sparring with each other. seonghwa had busied himself with someone he didn't recognise, gasping when he realised that this was wooyoung. the two were staring each other down with intense glares.

seonghwa looked exactly like he did both in hongjoong's dream, or at least the split second glimpse that he managed to cling onto.

the hand grasping a pencil starts to quiver and then when the lead makes contact with the paper below, he starts furiously scribbling down every last feature of seonghwa that he could manage. he takes note of the sharp angle of his jaw, his high cheek bones that seemed to stick out of his small face. his curly, grown out hair was drenched in sweat, a confident smirk gracing his wonderfully plump, pink lips.

he feels like he manages to capture as much of seonghwa as he could but doesn't leave until he takes a closer look at wooyoung. wooyoung's shown up in his dreams many times, but only as a name that slipped out of people's mouths and drifted through swirling air. he's only seen wooyoung from afar, never this close, but without those runes littered over his skin, he almost look unrecognisable. the cheeky grin spreading from one ear to another was infectious and completely different to the power and dominance of the wooyoung in his dreams.

frankly, hongjoong never thought that the wooyoung in his dreams would be part of his cluster, and it seemed to have raised more questions than answers for him.

but knowing that time really is of the essence, hongjoong extracts himself from the future after he's satisfied with the drawing in front of him. when he makes his way to jinju, he was sure that if anybody knew seonghwa then they would recognise him from the sketch.