"Prince Ahad, you are ten minutes late. You will turn twenty-three next month, what will the people of Mughlaan say if they got to know that their beloved Prince cannot even wake up on time for breakfast?" His Majesty, the King questioned him.

The Royal family was set in its ways. They had been taught since a young age about the value of time and punctuality.

"Baba, it's not like I am going to be the King that the people of Mughlaan will have problems with my morning routine. They get to have Bhai, the most perfect human being on the face of the planet as their King. Besides no matter what I do I will always be judged for it not just by our people but also by the people all over the world."

Prince Ahad was indeed correct. People everywhere did like to judge him for anything and everything he did. He was painted as an entitled, carefree, privileged Prince with no sense of responsibility whatsoever by the global media during his time abroad at university. He was, however, far from it but he never bothered to correct anyone because no matter what he said people would still not change their perspective. 'Kuch to log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna'.

"Ahad, no matter what is said or thought about us we cannot let it affect us. We are the past, present and future of this country. We cannot let these things affect us in any way. We have to live and die for our country. We have to make sacrifices for it." Prince Mustafa explained to his brother, but the words did not sound like those of an elder brother rather those of the Crown Prince of the Country.

"Bhai, I have made my fair share of sacrifices for this country, I have sacrificed my dreams and my passion for my people. Please do not expect any more sacrifices from me. That said, I love our people and want to do things for them. I want to uplift them and bring them towards a better livelihood."

"All this is much appreciated my son. I am proud of you. We have raised a wonderful Prince, the people of Mughlaan are lucky to have a Prince who puts their needs and wants before his own. I am proud of all my children." His Majesty, the King was always proud of all his children but he rarely ever said so. Any compliments coming from him were to be cherished because he was a difficult man to cherish.

"Baba, today must be our lucky day. You are being very benevolent. Is something the matter?" Princess Sarah asked her father teasingly.

"I just want to hear Prince Mustafa's answer. I know you will never let us down. Your marriage with Zoya Sulaiman will be very beneficial for our country. It will project a united front on the people. She is well suited for the role of your wife and would make a good Queen one day."

Zoya Sulaiman was Ahmad Sulaiman's daughter. He was the Chief Minister of Satlan and an extremely powerful man. An alliance with his family would be mutually beneficial for both the parties involved.

"Baba, I will answer you soon. But please let me think about it some more. This is not an easy decision. I want only the best for the people of Mughlaan." Prince Mustafa replied nonchalantly. It did not, once, felt like a marriage discussion rather it felt as if a new policy was being discussed in the Cabinet House.

"Beta, you will be marrying for yourself and not for the people of Mughlaan. A marriage is a beautiful relation between two people who love, respect and cherish each other for the rest of their lives." Her Majesty, the Queen explained to her eldest son.

"There is no such thing as love for us, Amma. If I ever marry it will only be for the betterment of the country. I will only marry a girl who would be fit to be the Queen for the people of Mughlaan. She should be fierce, brave and selfless enough to live for the people and only serve them."

Prince Mustafa's notion of marriage was very different from that of his brother, who was a romantic at heart and believed in love above everything else.

Shahbaz walked in the dining room just then with a worried expression. He was the Personal Assistant and Chief Bodyguard of the Crown Prince.

"I am very sorry to disturb you all Your Majesties and Your Highnesses but this is very urgent. I heard some very disturbing news and was told it will be live on the Minal Nouman Show in two minutes."

"What is it, Shahbaz Sahab?" Prince Mustafa asked.

"Shahbaz Sahab switch on the television." Her Majesty, the Queen ordered. Shahbaz switched on the television in the dining room.

The Minal Nouman Show was live.

Minal Nouman pressed her ear piece closer to her ears and gasped.

"This news is coming first to you from The Minal Nouman Show here at Live News Channel. The Chief Minister of Satlan, Mr. Ahmad Sulaiman and his son Raza Sulaiman, the Governor of Mitrin are being accused of sexual harassment and money laundering. Ahmad Sulaiman is known to be one of the closest allies of His Majesty, the King, his daughter is also alleged to be married to the Crown Prince this year. This is coming from us to you for the very first time. What will the King and the Crown Prince's response to these allegations be? Stay tuned to our channel for further updates."

They then played a video in which Raza Sulaiman could be seen touching a girl forcefully and inappropriately.

"What the actual fuck?" Prince Ahad was not the only one who was in a state of shock. His Majesty, the King did not ask his youngest son to control his language and emotions as he always did instead, he was staring at the television screen blankly.

His Majesty's number one rule was to always be in control of everything. In control of his surroundings, his emotions, the outcomes, everything. But he could feel the control gradually slipping through his fingers.

"Baba dekh liya kya neech log hain yeh. (Baba, did you see what kind of people they are?)" Prince Mustafa spoke from under his gritted teeth. His hands which were holding the head of his chair were turning pale. He could feel anger emitting from his body. He took a deep breath in order to control his emotions.

"Shahbaz Sahab, the cabinet meeting will be held as planned. His Majesty and I will be leaving in five minutes. I want you to go and prepare for our departure to the Cabinet House."

Shahbaz left to follow the orders given to him by the Crown Prince.

The King was still not moving. Prince Mustafa went towards his father. His father, who never backed down, who looked disaster in the eyes and fought against it like the warrior that he is. Today, he had a defeated look on his face.

"I can feel the trust of my people breaking in me, Mustafa."

Prince Mustafa held his father's hands and kneeled down in front of him.

"Baba, nothing like that can ever happen. The people of Mughlaan love you. Their trust in you is unprecedented. We will fix this just like we have fixed everything else always."

Her Majesty, the Queen held her head in her hands. Prince Ahad rushed towards her.

"Amma, what happened?"

She replied that she was okay but everyone could see her frazzled state.

"Ahad stay with Amma and call the doctor right now."

His Majesty and the Crown Prince left to take the course of things back in their control which seemed a little impossible now.

__________________________________________________________________

Hello readers,

Please do vote, comment and share this story with your friends on Wattpad.

Tag someone in the comments whom you feel should read this story.

Love,

Sammie