||Ch 7 : Hit And Trial||

Start from the beginning

"What do u want me to do?", she asked me.

"Photoshop", I replied.

"Photoshop? You want me to photoshop our pics with royalty filters so that we can look royal?", she asked me.

"Yep" I replied.

"Okay...but it's not gonna end up right I tell u. This show off sounds super duper fake. You gonna get caught sooner or later", she said.

"We'll see that. What if that sooner or later never comes?", I asked her and she sighed deeply.

"Okay....fine. I'll do it for you. What will I get in return?", she asked me.

"Oh...so bad Siya. You're my elder sister, it doesn't suit u to beg in front of me", I told her.

"Enough with your drama....now tell me already what r u gonna gimme", she demanded.

"I don't have anything to give u", I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I'm poorer than you. Mom and Dad gimme your clothes to wear instead of buying new ones for me.....see?", I told her.

"Oh...you get whatever you want. You're the favourite kid", Siya replied.

"I am, ain't I? Tell me something I dunno sissy. Btw you'll get your reward when you do this thing for me....I mean completely, at the end", I informed her and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay...fine. I hope its reasonable", she said.

"You better not keep any expectations", I said getting up and walking out of the door.

"Hey....idiot...help me to get up atleast", I heard her shout from behind.

"Become aatma nirbhar Siyaaa" , I shouted back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naira's PoV

I was in our bedroom, sitting on the bed and surfing through IVF reviews on the web, on my laptop. Kartik had gone for some conference call and he wasn't there in the bedroom.

I was looking at all the reviews carefully, searching about the background of the doctors and hospitals. How much does IVF cost? Is it safe? And other stuff. I was so much engrossed into it that I had no account of the time. It was 11 pm at night. Thankfully it was Sunday tomorrow, so there was nothing to worry or hurry about. I was so much anxious and worried after the doctor's appointment today, I couldn't sleep properly. How can't  I carry a baby? I mean....is it really impossible for us to get pregnant?!

I was lost in my thoughts that Kartik entered at last. He looked so tired and stressed. He's worse than me tbh. I mean...I just had to worry about this stuff, but he had to deal with this stuff and business as well. It was really taking a toll on him but he was managing everything like a pro. And being so weary also, he didn't lose a chance to charm me! I mean how can a person look so handsome and cool even when deprived of sleep for over a week?

 And being so weary also, he didn't lose a chance to charm me! I mean how can a person look so handsome and cool even when deprived of sleep for over a week?

He always looked so hot and irresistible in those reading glasses. I can't believe I'm drooling over my own husband!

"Hey", he said walking in and closing the door behind.

"Hey", I replied taking my eyes off him and typing something on my laptop.

He sighed tiredly and threw his glasses on the table. He walked slowly towards the bed and threw himself on the bed, making the loud creaking sound. He kept his eyes closed for a few seconds....like he was meditating or something.

"Knock Knock", I knocked on his head.

"Hmm...I'm alive", he said tiredly.

"Okay...", I said keeping the laptop aside and placing his head on my lap. He took a deep breath and turned his body, settling his head more comfortably on my lap and closing his eyes relaxing. I smiled and kissed his head and ran my fingers through his soft, fluffy hair.

"I was talking to Tara", he spoke and my hands stopped.

"About what?", I asked him curiously. He sighed and got up, sitting right in front of me....looking directly into my eyes like he was serious about this.

"She seems too much interested in being our surrogate", he replied and I rolled my eyes, leaning back against the wooden frame of the bed and resting my head on the headrest.

"Are you interested too?", I asked him with a straight face. I wanted to know his opinion.

"I seriously don't know. I'm a mess rn. But she seems inclined to help us", Kartik said shrugging his shoulders. I sighed and folded my arms.

"I was checking some IVF reviews", I stated.

"I searched about it. The reviews were good", he said and I nodded.

"I even talked to an adoption agency. They have some toddlers there", Kartik continued and I sighed. I moved closer to him and hugged him tightly.

"I didn't want it to be like this", I said hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

"Me neither", he said rubbing my back.

"I not at all approve surrogacy, adoption or IVF. Not that I've a problem with them, I just don't like it", I said and he sighed.

"I get it babe. But we don't have any other option left. I was considering Tara", he spoke and I released the hug.

"What?" I asked him shocked.

"Yeah, I mean. The deal seems apt. She wants nothing from us", he said and I sighed.

"Surrogacy isn't an option for me. I dunno that woman...I don't like her. How am I gonna trust her with my baby? Never....never ever", I totally protested the idea.

"I get it Naira. But let's give it a shot. I've planned an outing for you and Tara tomorrow. Its Sunday, none of us have any work. You can get to know her well. She seems nice, I'll be there with you", he said and I looked down at the bed sheet sighing.

"Okay...just because you're saying. You hated her, didn't you?", I asked him suspiciously.

"Yes, I did. But she seems sweet and concerned. Let's give her a chance, shall we?", he asked me.

"Okay", I replied in a low voice.

Kartik smiled and hugged me tightly.

Precap: Kaira's Day Out With Tara

Don't judge too soon...it's not what you think. No Kaira Separation track in this book. It's all happy atmosphere here....please stay tuned to read further. Don't be quick to judge by this scene.