Zess's sobs didn't reduce but increased instead as she bit her bottom lip to control them, those damn pregnancy hormones were getting onto her nerves pretty often recently.

"Then you better get me some vanilla ice-cream first." She snapped between her hiccuping sobs.

Evan chuckled in response.

Tucking Zess inside the duvet properly Evan walked around the bed to stand beside the window, he stared at the darkness outside. From now on he really would give his best to keep his family happy. For his own damn mistakes he had lost Emma, he wasn't there.. not a single time when she needed him. He kept pushing away what was close to him for something which he didn't have and the result of it all - a life long of misery. He wont let history repeat itself, he wont let Zess suffer like the way Emma did - because of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

( **Flashback** )

Evan stood horrified looking at the broken mirror in the bathroom and the sleeping pills scattered around with the shreds of broken glasses.

"Emma."

He shouted her name now in panic once again.

It was when the evening sun had set down, Evan was curious at the death like silence in the whole house. Emma hardly went out after sunset, he had not even heard anything connected to her the whole day. Which suddenly made him a little curious and worried. At first like always he yelled her name numerous times standing down in the living room.

Nothing.

Grunting and mentally preparing himself to snap at her when he would see her. Evan leaped his way upstairs through the staircase and immediately he was greeted with this mess of her belongings.

Turning around from the broken mirror Evan watched wide mouthed at her now empty wardrobes, half of her clothes were vanished and half of them were lying on the floor in a pile.

Evan almost ran towards Emma's bed, his condition quite aimless and terrified at the thousand possibilities. He raked a hand through his hair not knowing what to do when his eyes fell upon the piece of paper over her bedside table, a corner of it tucked under an empty vase.

Evan reached out for the paper with a trembling hand, his other hand removing the vase. As he read each word of the letter, Evan's eyes went moist with unshed tears. An unknown fear gripped his whole being.

____________________

I realized that I have been nothing but a burden to you all, a nuisance. I am sorry that my disturbing presence have annoyed you always. If I could change that I would have a long time ago.

Today I realized that if I am no more into your lives that would make no difference. So I am freeing you all from my presence, from seeing my face and bearing me anymore.

I wish you all a very happy life ahead. Don't try to search for me, not that anyone would anyway.

- Emma Stewart.

______________________

Suddenly at the end of the letter Evan didn't know what to feel anymore. He felt like he was burnt - pretty badly, his heart painfully stuck in his throat. He just knew that he was responsible for this but suddenly another thought came into his mind.

Earlier today he had heard this gossip from one of his friend about how Brandan and Emma kissed at one secluded corner at the party last night. He brushed away this thinking it to be just a false rumor, from when did Brandan started getting interested in Emma? He didn't believe in such useless talks of some stupid gossip-mongers.