Umiling ako.

"Ikaw na nga tinutulungan, ayaw mo pa?"

Ang daldal mo, Iscalade.

"Sorry, Bestfriend." I retorted at him.

It made him shut up.

Before SciMatech, Zafirah challenged me despite knowing I have the advantage since it's more about my strand. The loser will have to be a slave for a day.

"That's so kinky," Iscalade commented when I told him about it. " Slave? Ano ipapagawa mo?"

"I don't know? I actually just feel great because she's talking to me," I can't help but smile at the thought that Zafirah was acknowledging my existence.

"Bro, you had it so bad." Umiling-iling si Iscalade.

After our Basic Cal class, it was our EAPP and Mrs. Reynes announced us a project.

"I'll give you another week for you to find someone you love or hate to design your notebook. I'll see how professional you can be when it comes to this," Mrs. Reynes said.

For some reason, Zafirah was the first one who I wanted to do this project for me.

I just didn't know how can I convince her to do it for me. Hindi pa kami sobrang close, and sometimes I can still feel that she secretly despises me. In my annoyance, I can't help to either tease or mock her constant hate for me.

Until, I remembered our bet in SciMaTech. I was tapping my desk with my pen as I licked my lower lip.

This was the first time I really wanted to ace a mere quizbee.

Since it was more about our strand, I was able to identify the questions easily.

"Bakit ka nagmamadali mag-sagot, Sarathiel?" Czanne asked me. Hindi ko siya sinagot. I didn't want to be distracted. I was really aiming for a perfect score since I know Zafirah was serious about this.

Thank goodness the questions were just repeated questions from junior highschool. Hindi ako nahirapan dahil nga mas forte talaga namin ang mathematics at science.

When the results were out. I can't help but smirk because Zafirah will have to design my notebook. At first, I hesitated but then she's the only person I can think of.

"Mayabang," Iscalade was skimming my notebook, checking the design.

I shrugged my shoulders as I grinned at him.

Ako lang 'to, Iscalade. Pinange-effortan ni Zafirah.

Iscalade chuckled as he returned the notebook to me. Balak ko talaga ito itago kahit tapos na ang first semester dahil lang si Zafirah ang gumawa ng design.

"Ginawa niyang kindergarden sheet notebook mo, bro."

"Well, she can put 'design ito' as borders and I'll still think it's beautiful."

Iscalade deadpanned. "We're both hopeless at love and I think that's why we're friends."

I was proud of it despite of the childish design. Gawa ni Zafirah e, anything she touches are valuable for me. She has that kind of magic, bewitching me into believing that everything she does is amazing.

This crush of mine grew into something more than how I imagined it to be. That's why I can't believe all this time she was pairing me with someone else.

"Sarathiel! It's me, Clary! Remember?" a girl who was beaming at me stopped me from my track.

Nilingon ko ito, my forehead creased.