Extra Episode 01: In this Beautiful, Closed World, with You

Start from the beginning

"It will only lose its shape a little."

"....Thank you."

I laughed awkwardly while received it dead body. Then I made a small grave at the end of the mansion and buried it.

Since that day, I stopped catching insects.

* * *

It was a rainy day after that.

Meow… Meow….

I heard a kitten's voice out of nowhere.

I went around the garden, and while relying on the sound I heard, I found a black kitten. Where did this child come from? It was full of fleas, haggard and also thin. And because the rain made it wet, it smells bad.

"Uhm, uncle. Can I let this child stay in the mansion just for tonight?"

At the front door, I asked my uncle while still holding that child.

"For what?"

"This child is trembling. If we don't warm it up, it might die."

"What's wrong with that?"

"I'll be sad if this child die."

"Yuria has an interesting idea. You can do whatever you want."

The maids then prepared hot water. I washed the kitten while smashed it fleas. Then I wrapped it with a towel and made it drink milk diluted in hot water.

"If this child gets well, I wonder if it want to be my friend."

"Do you want to have friend?"

"Uhm."

I kept the kitten warm all night. However, the kitten still did not get better. The situation remained as when I found it.

"This child might not have died if I had found it earlier."

In my hand, the light of the kitten's life flickered. I was so frustrated and sad that I cried.

"Yuria, don't cry."

My uncle stroked me on the back with his cold hands. I shook my head.

"It waited alone for help in the rain until it became so weak. It's terrible. And also too much. If only I... I found it earlier...."

A weak voice that came to my ears. Back then, how scared was this young child must be?

"Poor thing...."

I sniffled at the time. My uncle then took the kitten from my hand and bit it.

"Uncl...."

I'm dumbfounded. Tears ran down on my cheeks.

"....Yuria, it's okay."

My uncle then spoke slowly while the cat opened it mouth and tried to stand up.

It then let out a little meow.

"..........."

"See, it feel better now."

He patted me on the head.

* * *

I kept crying that day. My uncle looked very troubled and asked over and over what was the matter with me. But I didn't have words to express my feelings at the time, so I just cried.

"I'm going out for a while. I'll come back tomorrow."

When it got dark, my uncle left the house. He didn't come back the next day.