Extra Episode 01: In this Beautiful, Closed World, with You

My uncle is a vampire.

Because he has a long life, he is a bit strange.

* * *

“Happy birthday, Yuria.”

Uncle Hall came to celebrate my birth when I was six years old.

"I'm Hall. July Hall. I’m your uncle. I brought you a present."

The present my uncle gave me without smiling was the thighbone of some animal.

"Uhm, what is this...."

"You bite when your teeth are itchy, right?"

"Does uncle bite too?"

"I don’t bite.”

"Eh...."

I don’t bite either. As I was about to say so, I noticed that his eyes were on my tail and the ears above me.

Ah, could it be? Maybe he thinks I'm a dog or something. (These ears and tails, after a few years, became able to appear and disappear by themselves.)

"Thank you. I will treasure it."

"Yeah."

The next day my uncle brought me a humeral.

"Go ahead."

"….Uncle, this is a bone."

"You don't have to be shy. There's a lot more."

"Huh, a bone! Uh, yes, this is already enough!"

If it goes on like this, I am afraid that I will have a complete set. My uncle tilted his head in wonder when he saw me flustered.

"Then what else do you want?"

I'm in trouble now, because I have everything I need to live on.

"Is uncle... busy?"

"I've never been busy."

"Then, please stay by my side."

At that time, I had just lost my mother and father, and I was lonely. At my words, my uncle made a solemn expression

"You want full fleshed bones?"

"I wasn't talking about bones!"

* * *

From the next day, my uncle went out with me. We catch the insects, take care the roses, make canes with nice branches and polish the mud balls.

And then one day....

"Uncle, uncle. Look. It's so beautiful."

I proudly showed my uncle a long-bearded bright blue colored insect――perhaps a kind of longicorn beetle――that I had caught with a great efforts.

"What's it name?"

"It's an insect."

My uncle answered.

"An insect."

Uhm. You're an insect. I nodded.

Uncle is strange. He has lived a long time, but he doesn't know anything. No, in his eyes, the world seemed very simple.

"Ah…!"

At the moment, the insect stabbed my hand with its sharp chin. It tried to run away from the gap of my hand.

In an instant, my uncle gripped the insect.

"If you do this, it won't run away."

In my uncle's palm, the insect was crushed.

[BL] Werewolf Young Master's Caretakerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें