𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

Once you sat down, you glanced around the semi-filled cafe to see if anyone else had noticed the two of you. How could they not? You two were way too similar to go unnoticed.

Yet... no one seemed to pay attention.

You observed the woman some more, feeling an unexplainable emotion at seeing an exact mirror image of yourself, breathing, and moving separately, all on her own.

"What would you like today, Y/n?", a familiar, hoarse voice stole your attention and as you looked up, you saw an apron-clad ravenette looking down at you with a small smile.

"A cup of tea, please.", you quickly replied with a nervous smile.

The waiter nodded before walking away, not noticing the distress you were feeling at the bizarre situation.

Once more your eyes landed on the spot where your copy sat, which, to your surprise, was now empty.

Hurriedly you looked all around the cafe, and to your disappointment and slight relief, the woman was nowhere to be seen.

But... if she had left, why didn't the bell ring out when the door was opened and closed?

That night, you were haunted by vague images of someone who resembled you as you struggled to sleep, a feeling of foreboding swirling in the depths of your heart.

.
.
.

You had seen her again.

This time, she sat on a bench in the city park, the exact spot where you always sat at because you liked the way the cool evening breeze passed through that section. White earphones looped around her neck and she seemed to nod her head to whatever music she played, fingers rhythmically tapping the wooden bench.

You discovered something even more strange. A white cane stood leaning against the bench.

...She was blind. You hadn't noticed it in the cafe.

Again, what were the chances that your doppelganger was visually impaired, just like you once were? Something wasn't making sense. Not only that, how could she look exactly like you? You owned the same outfit she was wearing this time as well.

Questions once again buzzed loudly in your head as you debated whether you should approach her. You wanted... well, you didn't know exactly. Maybe some acknowledgment that you weren't going crazy.

And so you started walking towards the bench and before long reached it. From the corner of your eye, you watched her figure as you sat down. She didn't seem to register your presence.

How were you to start this conversation? "Hey, I just noticed, you and I look like a copy of each other. Could you possibly be my twin?"

Given that she was blind, would she even believe you? You'd most likely be called insane.

Taking a deep breath, you turned to your right, opening your mouth to utter the words that lay at the tip of your tongue, only for them to die out. She was gone.

When had she left? How? How could she leave so noiselessly? Were you going deaf now? You looked to your left and your right, noticing the empty pathways. The sudden noticeable silence of the park sent a shiver down your spine.

Something wasn't right. And you wanted answers.

.
.
.

It became an almost regular occurrence to see the woman in all the places you liked to visit.

The cafe, the park, the library, even the nearby beach. Every time you mustered up the courage to approach her, she simply vanished into thin air.