Almost Dead

[ HENRY'S POV ]

Yeah, I remember dying - not really something I would forget any time soon. 

No, I can't oversell myself here - I remember almost dying. That's the key difference, one being that I'm alive.

I think I'm alive anyway, I haven't really decided yet or maybe fate hasn't yet. I'm staring at the ceiling taking in the soft breeze from the window and counting the number of ceiling tiles that appear to be about to drop on top of me. That makes me think I'm alive, taking in the world around me but then wouldn't someone be coming for me? Like I swear I've been looking up at the ceiling for the past hour so someone must have came looking by now.

Okay back to the point at hand - I remember almost dying. I slowly run my hand over the scarred area under the bandages vincing at the sharp pain that spreads through me.

'We could've been friends,' I murmur spitting out blood as the young man leans forward his smile bitter with delight.

'Shame isn't it?' He spits,' Goodnight kid Danger.'

Once again my gaze lands upon the ceiling as my arm goes slack by my side. This can't be real, I really can't let it be real. Then again I wished I didn't remember dying, I wish I could just forget everything about it. Cause not only was it the most painful minutes of my life, but for the first time I felt utterly defeated and betrayed. Backstabbed and forced to watch as he played my friends like puppets, while I stood there useless. I couldn't help and I still can't.

I don't even know what day it is, let alone how much has changed since then. I can't begin to imagine what has become of Char and Jasper - maybe they're okay but more than likely they're not.

Creak.

I glimpse over to the girl opposite who leans curiously against the door frame. Piper.

'H - Henry?'

Her voice echoes around the other wise silent room, and for once she almost seems speechless.