Chapter 8

Alfie's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, while sunlight shone into my eyes. I felt so tired and wanted to go back to sleep, but I got up anyway. While walking over to the bathroom, I yawned and stretched my arms out. In order to wake myself up, I had to wash my face. I trudged over to the sink and turned on the cold water. I ran my fingers under it for a second. Oooh... It was freezing. I splashed the icy water on my face and shuddered, due to how cold it was. Quickly, I rubbed my face on my towel to dry it, but instantly felt pain flowing into my cheek. I forgot about that bruise. I looked in the mirror to see what it looked like. Still a bit purple, but alright for today. I was wide awake now, but for no reason, as there wasn't really anything to do today.

I got dressed and proceeded through my morning routine. I took my phone and walked downstairs, while hearing the echoes of every step I made. Mum wasn't home. As I reached the landing, I got a text from Zoe.

Zoe: Wanna meet up somewhere? Maybe for breakfast if you havent eaten yet

Alfie: Ok can we go to Escape in town? They have good breakfasts

I replied quickly. I did want to see Zoe again.

Zoe: Sure! Meet u there in half an hour

As I was already ready to leave, I walked out the door, while taking the keys. Better early than late.

I took the bus to town and walked to Escape. I had 10 minutes spare so I just sat down and waited for Zoe to arrive.

She came within 5 minutes. "Hi Alfie!" She said cheerily, giving me a small peck on the cheek. "Hey Zoe! I guess having breakfast together will happen a lot." "Ha! Yeah." She said giggling cutely.

"Wait, whats that on your cheek? Thats a massive bruise!" Zoe said shocked, peering at my cheek, examining it. Uh oh. Make something up on the spot Alfie! "Er...yeah..I-I was playing rugby...er and someone bashed it." Great, that sounded so truthful. "Are you sure? You dont sound that positive that that happened." Zoe said, still touching my bruise. "100% positive! Yeah, someone just completely knocked me." I said enthusiastically. I felt bad lying to her, but I couldn't let her know that it was my mum! I didnt even play rugby! "Well I hope it gets better." She said while kissing it gently. Awh, she was a real cutie.

We ordered the food; I got pancakes and she got waffles. "Having something different to me for a change?" She questioned jokingly. I nodded and smiled. "I hope it will be good anyway, not under your recommendation." "Well if it isn't, you should always trust me on food." Aw, Zoe was so cute.

The waitress came with our breakfasts and we thanked her kindly. My pancakes were so yummy and I suspected that Zoe's waffles were good too, by the sounds she was making. "Mmmmmm! This is so nice Alfie. Is yours nice too?" She exaggerated a bit. "Actually, yeah! Its really tasty." I grinned, licking the syrup off my lips.

Once we finished eating, I asked for the bill. Zoe was fighting over the bill when it came, telling me that I paid last time. I eventually gave in and let her pay. "Thanks for the meal Zo!" She smiled at me, nodding as a reply.

"So, I'll see you later then?" I asked, hugging her. "Yeah, bye!" We kissed for a bit and then left eachother. I didnt want to go back home, doing nothing. I wanted to stay with Zoe, but she had things to do in her busy life. I guess I could just do homework.

Authors Note

Ok. Either, I have writers block or my brain isn't fully functioning. I literally dont know what to write next. Some help on a filler chapter would be great at the moment. Like they do something together. I really dont know. Ughh.

Anyway... Imma start talkin proper now. WHO LIKES BUBBLE TEA (or boba tea, as the Taiwanese call it)??!!! Its really nice. I love the tapioca pearls. They are bæ. Oh lol, I have another bæ now (add that to the list). I like either the normal tea one or the chocolate milk. Mmmm... If you like bubble tea, whats your favourite?

Lol me and Ifitsphanishipit were singing in textiles together. Oh yh and she (Ifitsphanishipit lol) got told off for laughing too much. Funny stuff. Also in art I was listening to a song (piano by Ariana Grande) on repeat and Anna (Ifitsphanishipit yup same person) was like stop listening to dat. (It was also on Anna's phone) But yh...

I never talk this much in an authors note. Lol. Bye!

Thanks for reading! Xx