Chapter 7

Alfie's POV

And just when all was good, 'bad' was right around the corner.

I walked home smiling. Zoe liked me. This was the best day of the year.

I got to the front door and saw it was unlocked. Did mum come back early? I stepped inside and shut the door behind me. Mum came up to me acting drunk and the she gasped. "ALFIE! I CAME BACK EARLY AND YOU WEREN'T EVEN HERE!" She shouted, still slurring her words. I became used to her slurring. It was like how she talked now. "Uh yeah, because I was at school." I said confused. "YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE WHEN I NEEDED YOU."

Then right before my eyes, she slapped me. It wasn't just a small slap, it was a full on smack. I felt tears prick in my eyes as I put my hand up to touch my cheek. It hurt a lot but it felt numb. "IM GOING OUT! AND DONT EXPECT ME TO TURN UP WHEN YOU NEED ME." The door slammed shut.

I slid down slowly, with my back on the wall, and landed on the floor with a small thump. I couldn't stop the tears coming out of my eyes. I couldn't lose both dad and mum. I cried for about 15 minutes and then stood up. My cheek didnt hurt anymore but I knew there would be a marking.

I walked upstairs and went into the bathroom. I saw a dark purple bruise on my cheek. It was quite big, but luckily it was friday so my bruise could heal and no one could see it. If they saw it, they would be suspicious and possibly find out my mum abused me.

This was NOT the best day of the year. It was the best morning but certainly not a great evening.

Authors note

Sadness :'( Okay well now Alfie has been abused by his mum.... Very sad.

I dont know what else to say. Hmmm.... Sorry that I havent updated in ages! Yh soz

Thanks for reading! Xx