Chapter 10

Ermergerd Im actually alive!!!

Words: 1k

Alfie's POV

It was finally the end of school. I tried looking around for Zoe, but I couldn't find her. She must have gone home already. I hoped that my mum wouldn't be home to abuse me, but I doubted it. Before slowly trudging home, I sighed and brushed my hand through my hair. Here comes madness.

I slotted my keys in the front door and opened it slowly, looking side to side to see if she was there. Phew! She wasn't home. But where was she? I walked up the stairs whilst hauling my leg up. It still hurt.

When I got to my room I dropped my bag on the floor and lied on my bed. Suddenly, my phone vibrated loudly in my pocket. I got a text message.

Zoe: Hey do you mind if I come over? Like in 10 minutes? I'm like really bored right now.

Hmm. That would be nice actually.

Alfie: Sure! I'm bored as well so it would be nice if you came over.

Wait. What if my mum comes back? Oh god. I already sent the message!

Zoe: Yay! See you there!

Well I cant disappoint her now. I really hope mum doesn't come back.

~ 10 minutes later ~

I heard the door open. What? How did Zoe open the door without a key. I'm sure I locked it? Silently, I walked to the landing and looked down the stairs, only to see my mum standing at the door! I shrieked a bit, but clasped my hands over my mouth after. How did I even make that sound? Thats not important though, MY MUMS COME BACK! (And that's bad!)

"Alfie WHAT are you doinnggg?" Mum said while walking into the house, glaring at me. "Uhh n-nothing." I'm scared to find out what she will do next.

"Get down here. Don't you DARE make me shout." I cautiously tip-toed down the stairs. When I got down, she stared me right in the eyes. Gulp.

SLAP. She slapped me right across the cheek. I winced while she continued. Her hand kept on pelting me in my face, while I struggled to see. Although, what I did see was someone coming through the door.

Zoe's POV

I headed home after the long day, but suddenly I felt like I forgot something. I forgot to meet Alfie to say goodbye! How could I even forget that?

When I got home I thought, 'I need to see Alfie'. I just had an urge to see him. So maybe I could go to his house? I texted him and he replied 'Sure! I'm bored as well so it would be nice if you came over.' I smiled from ear to ear. I could finally see him again today!

It had been only five minutes, but I couldn't wait to see him. I jumped up from the couch and headed for the door. I can't wait any longer! I walked outside and breathed in the fresh air. There was a bounce in my steps and I had a smile on my face. I definitely loved him.

I walked down his drive and stood at the door, while grinning. I was about to knock but I noticed the door was left slightly ajar. I pushed it and stepped inside.

There standing before me was Alfie........ AND SOMEONE HITTING HIM? I shrieked and my heartbeat quickened. "WHO IS THATTT?", the woman screamed and walked closer to me, but Alfie put his hand around her waist and pulled her back. She waved her hands around and tried to grab me. I saw Alfie mouthing me 'quick go!' I run out of the house and try to process what just happened. Who was that lady? But more importantly, why was she hitting Alfie?

I heard more slapping, then a thump and Alfie rushed out of the front door, quickly closing it behind him. "Please don't ask questions." He said, while gently holding his bright red cheek. There was already some bruising showing and anyone could tell he was abused. "I have to Alf! SHE JUST SLAPPED YOU!" I said, worrying. I peer at his cheek and stroke it carefully with the back of my hand. He winced. "Please... ermm.....I'll tell you later." I sighed and looked at his cheek again, not before replying "What?....fine."

"I really need to get you an ice pack for your cheek. Please, come to my house so I can check it out." I begged him. He replied, "Okay, but what about my mum?" What........ HIS MUM??!! "Wait.... Alfie..... that was YOUR MOTHER??!" I gasped. Alfie bowed his head and quietly said, "Crap. Please don't tell anyone Zoe. Please!" What can I do? I have to tell someone! For the safety of him, I don't want his mum to beat him up until he's dead!

"I'm not promising that. Sorry." I calmly spoke, but I was still worried for him. I saw his eyes widen and he begged, "No, Zoe please, no. Don't." I felt sorry for him. He didn't want to leave his mother, but I didn't want him to die.

I didn't reply to Alfie and I kept walking to my house. I looked over my shoulder to see him sulking, his head in his hands, but then he quickly ran to my side and I knew he was worrying so much about his mum. I didn't know what to do but I knew what would be best for him. I knew that if I did what had to be done, I wouldn't be able to see Alfie again, unless we meet one day by coincidence, however I would rather that Alfie was alive but separated from me, than being my dead boyfriend.

We walked to my house in silence. As peaceful as it was, I knew we were both worrying. I stepped inside and led him to the sofa. I told him to sit while I got the ice pack from the freezer. "Thank you." He said sweetly, while I dabbed it on his cheek.

2 hours later, Alfie told me he really had to go to check on his mum. I didn't want him to get abused again but I had no control over what he could do, so I had to let him go. "Please be careful." I told him and kissed him goodbye.

Authors Note

Omg it's actually been like a year since I've updated. o.o SORRY!!! I just didn't feel like writing and I had no time either, but I managed to write this.

I don't know when my next update will be because I am quite busy with school and I don't really get the feeling to write. I don't know why, but I'll try and write the next chapter (not promising that I will publish it this year. Sorry).

I thank all of you who have waited ages for this and I'm truly sorry it took so long! I love you all so much <3

(Help me. I have a french speaking assessment on Monday or Wednesday (probably wednesday) and I am so scared.)

Thanks for reading! Xx