||Ch 5 : Tara - The Surrogate||

Start from the beginning

"It is going to be like this. This is how its supposed to be", I spoke, looking into his eyes with love and adoration and he kissed my forehead. That kiss meant everything. It showed how much I mean to him.

"Bhoww", we heard Oreo bark from beside our bed. We quickly moved away from each other and looked down at him. He was standing there, looking at us with expressful eyes and wagging his tail behind.

"Oh yeah...the dog. I should take him for a walk", Kartik said getting down the bed and Oreo climbed on him.

"Yeah...even I should get going. The kids have school", I said getting up and tying my hair into a messy bun.

"Do you know you look hotter wearing my shirt?", Kartik asked me, as he put Oreo on leash. I looked down at my body. His shirt was literally hanging on me like I was some kind of a hanger.

"No....I feel like a whale", I replied and Oreo dragged Kartik out of the room.

Seriously...that dog is stronger than my husband!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kartik's PoV

I was walking on the road. Oreo was walking beside me. Awkward silence prevailed between us. Trust me, we had never been this silent. Something's going on in his life. As his guardian, I have a right to know.

"Hey Oreo", I called him and he looked up at me still walking.

"What's the problem dude?", I asked him and he turned away from me.

He's avoiding my question....something's seriously wrong.

"Hey no ignoring the owner....that's the first rule. And bro...we both are buddies right? You can share anything with me", I told him and he stopped to poop.

"Oh gross. Buddy you are taking me lightly", I said clipping my nose and throwing his shit into the trashcan.

"Got a girlfriend problem?", I asked him as we continued to walk. Just then, he stopped. I looked front to look at Tara and her dog Lola.

This is what Oreo was waiting for!

He started wagging his tail vigorously seeing her and dragged me towards them.

"No Oreo...bad doggy!", I tried to stop him but I was already in front of the vamp...Shay's mom - Tara Malhotra😈.

Oreo and Lola started playing. I stood there in front of Tara scared.

I still remember the slap!

"Good morning Mr Goenka. Its a treat to see you in the morning", Tara tried to flirt with me. She hasn't changed in these two years. She still looks like a blood sucking vampire to me and Naira teases me about that.

My wife is crazy!

"Good morning", I greeted her back, trying to act cheerful and all but inside I just wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible.

Wait....she has a boyfriend. I remember that. I shouldn't be scared now.

"Oh yeah....I remembered now. I heard you are with some guy. You people on good terms?", I asked her. A sudden confidence and a ray of hope built inside me. She sighed.

"We broke up. He was a jerk", Tara replied rolling her eyes and the "danger alarm" began ringing in my ears.

Kartik....you're in deep deep shit buddy.

Back to square one!

"Oh sorry to hear that", I faked my concern towards her.

"Its okay. I don't regret it. By the way, how's everything going on with Naira? You people still trying? Got some good news?", Tara asked me curiously. I sighed and held the rod of the swing.